Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Im trying to get my switch hooked up to my computers ethernet connection, dont see any...

J

Jeremy French

Im trying to get my switch hooked up to my computers ethernet connection, dont see any how to videos. and it cant find ip address. anyone else try this tips tricks?

M

Matti Moilanen

You mean you want to use Wired internet on the Switch? Yeah most people use WiFi, I do too. I think you may need some sort of an adapter to use Wired (Ethernet) connection on the switch. Which kind of sucks.

M

Maria Maier

You need a special adapter to get it working, regular ones wont work. The ones who get advertised as "working with Wii/WiiU/Switch" work. I personally got the Ugreen 2.0 one, it works with all 3 of the last home consoles of nintendo.

J

Jeremy French

i have the adapter for it and i have it hooked up to my labtop, it almost connects but dosent go all the way through. so i need to turn something on on the labtop

M

Maria Maier

You connect it either to a ethernet switch or hub, not the laptop...

J

Jeremy French

the only options is wifi which i cant get past this authacation page thing, or hooking it up to my labtop :/

J

Jeremy French

i do not have that option :(

J

Jeremy French

hospital wont let me connect to there wired network

M

Maria Maier

Then is the last option wifi, try to open a wifi hotspot on your laptop (of course with password).

M

Matti Moilanen

Yeah I'd connect from the Switch (docked) to the modem/router/hub. That's how you use wired internet connection for any device... Sorry.

J

Jeremy French

i cant get wired through my labtop?

M

Maria Maier

Nope

M

Matti Moilanen

Not that I'm aware of, no. Sorry

E

Emily Alexander

No you cannot. You can only get wired if you connect the ethernet cable from the Switch to a router or modem. You can NOT get wired internet by connecting the other end to your computer. In this case, you have to use Wifi. :(

M

Maria Maier

I dont wanna raise the hope for OP, but wasnt there something called crossover ethernet cables that you can connect two pcs together and share the connection? Anyone has tested this method already?

J

Jeremy French

so looking around i found a enthernet port behind my hospital bed I WIN HAHAHAH.

E

Elijah Jones

You will need to bridge your lan and Wi-Fi connection in your control panel.

Go to control panel>network and internet>network and sharing center>change adapter settings.

Then ctrl + left click on Ethernet and ctrl + left click on Wi-Fi.

Once both are selected right click and hit bridge connections.

Then plug your Ethernet cable in your pc and the other side in your switch.

Then go to your network settings on your switch and test your connection.

After that you should be all good.

J

John Kittleson

You need to have a USB to Ethernet adapter first, this is plugged into a USB port in the dock. Then follow instructions for bridging the connection to Wifi on your laptop. I'd really recommend plugging in to a modem/router/switch instead of your laptop tho

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom