Contact advertising [email protected]

I ve asked on reddit about my network speed download issue on steam and it looks like...

I

Iulian Roman

I ve asked on reddit about my network speed download issue on steam and it looks like my hdd would be the problem because it gets at 100 disk usage at about 40 mb/s and therefore steam throttles my 60mb/s so the hdd can keep up.
I want to replace it but cant afford an 1tb ssd since theyre expensive af here so i need to choose between a 1tb wd black and a firecuda 1tb sshd. I just want their write speed and read speed to be over 70 so i can use my actual download speed and also load stuff faster. Thanks

T

Tom Windels

I myself have a 2TB WD Black and can only say it's a very good Hard Drive. I didn't benchmark it tough so I cannot confirm the needed speeds.

T

Tavish Gregory

The WD Black will have higher transfer speeds (2-3x based on user reviews) than the Firecuda however the SSD caching makes a big improvement in load speeds (for me at least). However both should easily handle 60Mbps. My 2TB Firecuda drive is exclusively used for games and I experience no throttling with my 100Mbps network.

A

Amin Nausin

i have a 1tb wdblack

A

Amin Nausin

once i get home u can show u some crystaldiskmark benchmark results

N

Niels van der Waa

You can get a mx500 1tb for 250

Fairly cheap and well worth it

L

Luke Brown

no that isnt the reason... I have 200mbps download speed and steam maintains that.. however my HDD writes at a slower rate - so the download is finished before my HDD has finished..

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom