Contact advertising [email protected]

I need some help from water cooling guru's, please. I recently did a hard line custom...

J

James Pechacek

I need some help from water cooling guru's, please. I recently did a hard line custom build for myself. I'm cooling an 8700k and a 1080ti. The run that goes from my 360mm rad to my res is full on start up, as seen in the first video. When I power on the system, air comes out of the rad and fills the tube and water trickles out of it. I have to tip the case back and rock it a bit for it to get that air out. The air goes to the resevoir. When I shut off the pc, the air goes back up the tube from the resevoir and into the radiator, ending with the tube being full of water. This is shown in the second video. I'm using pure distilled water for coolant. Every now and then the cpu gets abnormally high temps for being liquid cooled. All the fittings are on tight and the resevoir has stops on all un-used openings. I need some help.

What do I do to not have that air problem? Thanks. Sorry if the videos are crappy. I tried to describe the problem as best I could.

T

Tom Campbell

Needs bleeding

C

Clement PanPan

run it longer.... though, something seems wrong with your pump cause that water should be jetting it

J

Jason Hart

You're gonna need to spend about half an hour tilting the case gently in different directions, starting and stopping the pump in order to get the air out. Just imagine how an air bubble wants to get to the highest place in the system, and keep tilting it so that the bubble can escape upwards. Your system will be properly bled once the only air is that in the top of the reservoir.

My creds:

N

Neil McDicken

Can you show us another vi please and this time let us see the full reservoir and connections.

Also check pump speed but for me that's full of air, lots of it as once a loop is on and has been for 16 hours as say it should just be a constant flow.

Lastly how did you fill it, did you stop start the pump as you filled up the res and please tell me the only thing connected during fill was the pump. as honestly the way it's running right now is the same as you would expect from a loop on first cooling fill.

J

Jason Hart

Yes, give us a shot of the reservoir. If properly designed, air shouldn't be making it's way out the top like in your second video.

N

Neil McDicken

Also open your bleed port while it's running as that will allow the air to escape naturally.

N

Neil McDicken

Until it's fixed I would disconnect from the mobo, they way that is there is no way it can cool the cpu properly.

J

James Pechacek

D

Derek Wagenfuehr

You have pressure built up, release the pressure, when you turn on the pump and push the air out of the lines back into the res open a fitting and let the "Head pressure" out.

N

Neil McDicken

Is the Reservoir filled completely or do you have a space at the top for air to escape to?

Also if it were me with that setup I would have placed the return tube on the side so that I could allow more room for the air rise without it going directly back up towards the rad.

J

Jacob Glueck

You need to learn to bleed it. I don’t even leak test my personal builds anymore put it together. Fill it. Tip it around and done.

S

Stephen Steinlein

Where does the air go when you run a sealed system?

If you can answer that, you have discovered the solution to your problem.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom