Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but what’s everyone ideas for the next system...

R

Rick Karrer

I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but what’s everyone ideas for the next system after the Switch? I’d love it if they called it the Super Switch. It could be just in time for the 30th anniversary of the Super Nintendo. They don’t have to do much to make the system better. I’d love to see 1080p internal screen (slightly larger), 4K output to TV, backward compatible with the current Switch, better battery, and more powerful overall of course.

Though they’ll probably call the next update “The New Switch”

J

Jovan De Leon

New Switch 3D XL

R

Rocco Bennett

I hope they stick with a similar model/ type of thing as switch. Its a perfect "type" of gaming machine imo (until some technological breakthroughs come out with projections/ AR/ and jacking into the matrix)

D

David Geldard

I'd like the Switch to stick around for a while first.

D

Dominique Ray Buck

Not quite the same thing but if they did go ahead and make that 1DS they joked about a while back I’d still buy it lol

P

Patrick Doyle

I think they’ll release a more powerful version. One that will be compatable with current Switch games, but can compete (or almost compete) with other current generation systems. It will probably have more space, and won’t warp. I love the Switch, but I would gladly upgrade to a more powerful version that has a more durable build.

S

Seth Williams

How about the Super Switch Classic Mini edition with 30 preinstalled games for only $119.95? They could also update the joycons with short cables than need to be plugged into the console.

J

Josh Brown

I think a Switch Mini that is handheld only and is geared toward younger children and may not have detachable Joy-Cons is very possible in a few years.

I could also see a Switch with a Tegra X2, or maybe a Tegra X3, whenever Nvidia decides to develop it.

C

Chris Becker

Bigger screen could make the normal joycons incompatible, don't think its a good idea

J

Jim Clarida

Given Iwata's talk about the then NX potentially having multiple form factors, I think it's a given they're going to treat Switch like the 3DS and revise, revise, revise. Systems after that? It really depends on the market, Iwata merged their handheld and console divisions back in 2013, so Kimishima would have to break it apart if they were going to move forward with 2 product lines, otherwise we're probably looking at hybrids here on out.

B

Bobby O'Gilbo

The switch up

J

Julian Peña

The switch is really strong already. They've yet to fully tap into the potential of the hardware yet even though they did a good job with Zelda and Mario. They might do a revision but nothing too crazy.

C

Collier Godfrey

I doubt Nintendo will adopt 4K until after whatever comes after switch. They’re always one gen behind on graphics, and 4K is technically not supported by the current PS/Xbox gen, those are updated models, but since they aren’t calling them PS5 or Xbox (some ridiculous number) they don’t count. I’m expecting the ‘SwitchBack;’ a pun on the fact that they will offer much better support for virtual console.

Y

Yussuf Khan

A switch XL will happen but give it till 2020 when Nintendo has made enough Profits

A

Adrian Chan

The Wii U proved that giving a successor machine a similar name is a terrible idea

D

David Geldard

The WiiU is a great console. The only problem was it's marketing. When even hardcore gamers thought it was something you added to the Wii, you know they've done a shit job of advertising it. I never understood that. At least they've done it properly with the Switch.

M

Malcolm Nex Messado

Based on the direction Sony/Microsoft are taking, I think it would probably have all the stuff you mentioned plus upgraded joycons with new features

J

Julian Peña

Wii U was fun but with the lack of third party support there wasn't enough titles to keep the system afloat. There were too many niche and underrated titles that didn't sell well but were gems. Nintendo is supporting the Switch as much as possible.

A

Anthony Daniels

Not been out a year yet!! I'm saying we dont need new hardware, we've just needed Devs to take it seriously (which they are now I feel) and produce quality versions of their AAA titles for the switch. We don't need ports we need a well coded version specifically for switch

A

Arman Alamin Siddiqui

I really want to see both a proper sequel and a mid gen upgrade

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom