Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One I have what is probably a stupid question. I have a spare Xbox One atm with Ark...

M

Megan Myers

I have what is probably a stupid question. I have a spare Xbox One atm with Ark downloaded on it. I planned to gift the console to my brother for Christmas but was leave the game on there since he likes playing but doesn't have his own console (I have a second copy of the game so we can play together). Will he be able to play the game on that console under his own Xbox Live account or will he have to purchase the game again? Is the game attached to the Live account or the console itself?

T

Trevor Lund

Not if paid for under ur account

T

Trevor Lund

Gotta have cd the download is linked to ur xbox account

A

Alyssa Mattson

Its attached to your account, but you can set your brother xbox as the home for your account and he can keep playing it.

R

Robert Hutchinson

If u have your own Xbox live account set as home Xbox for that particular Xbox he can play it aswell as you can

M

Megan Myers

Awesome! Good to know too, I wasn't sure since my hubs plays too but we've had it so long I couldn't remember if we played on separate accounts before getting a second copy.

T

Trevor Lund

not too sure about all that the download is linked to his account pretty sure if he tries to login on another xbox he wont be able to

J

Jade Burke

If your already sharing a digital copy he will need to purchase it other wise it will sign you out every time he wants to play

T

Trevor Lund

Thank u^

A

Austin Benoit

Game share if it's digital dude you can play together

J

Jeremy Trifilo

You can only do the shared trick for one Xbox. Essentially how it works is who ever purchases a game can play on any Xbox so long as their account is signed in the console will allow the game to be played. Then which ever console is set as your home console any account can play that game on that console regardless of who is signed in even offline.

My friend and I utilize this so we take turns buying games it's essentially like buying a game for 50% off all the time. Who ever buys the game has to be online with that gamertag to play otherwise they cannot play the game. So if it's a game you prefer it's better to have the other person purchase the game as you'll have more ability with it.

C

Cj Chris Smith

Game share

R

Robert Hutchinson

Best bet is to google how to set up home sharing on Xbox one and read the article on the Xbox page

M

Megan Myers

Cool, thanks everyone! Always on point as usual, and much more helpful than my husband lol

N

Nathan J. Bartels

Share your live with him, and he can play anything you own/buy

N

Nathan J. Bartels

Then have him share his with you, so you get whatever he buys too

H

Hannah McLaughlin

Gameshare with him and if you have 2 copies sell one if any are on disc

E

Ethan Campbell

The thing with home sharing that not too many people know is that you can only do it upto three times a year

J

Joshua Roslowski

That's only for resetting up your home share. You can't change up who you home share with all the time. Find someone you trust implicitly, stick with them, and you'll have no problems what so ever.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom