Contact advertising [email protected]

I gotta say, I normally HATE turn based strategy RPG's.... I despise the slow nature...

A

Alexander Wilson

I gotta say, I normally HATE turn based strategy RPG's....
I despise the slow nature of combat and I prefer to 'Press LMB to make stuff die'...

But Divinity: Original Sin 2... What a game! I've racked up about 40-50 hours so far, Co-op with a friend and MAN is it a fine piece of gaming!

First 10 hours, I really wasn't getting it... It felt like a slog and went against my 'instant gratification' nature. It didn't hold my hand or give me little pats on the back for stomping weak enemies. Instead, everything is a steep learning curve with depth!

Anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong in this. Conversations with NPC's alone make you feel nervous, you may have the best intentions, but when an entire village turns on you because of a persuasion-fail... it teaches you to tread carefully.

Man oh man, do not underestimate the combat either! Sure, it's my first time and I could do a LOT better, but you need to think and plan several turns ahead. It's not your average 'Pokemon - Keep spamming attacks' kinda game! 50% of the fights are near certain death for you if you don't know what you're doing, or don't plan your turns. I've never felt so out of my comfort zone with a game, always feeling vulnerable. Every time you win a few fights and begin to feel confident, a fight will come along that makes you feel so WOEFULLY underpowered.
We spent 45 minutes in a single fight last night which we BARELY scraped through by the absolute skin of our teeth...

If you love deep, narrative stories with actual consequences and tonnes of actually interesting lore... Challenging, tactical combat that feels rewarding... give this game a shot!

I don't say this lightly, but I honestly feel like this is possibly THE best game I've ever played... and this is coming from someone who usually can't stand the genre for more than 10 minutes out of boredom!

J

Joey Dodd

It basically digital DnD

N

Nick Tan

I REALLY WANNA TRY THIS GAME! Divinity original sin 2. heard so much about it! waiting for a sale.

W

Will Anthony Pellicci

I put in aboutv 400 hrs. Game is dope.

J

Jesse Slone

Loving it so far. Im pretty terrible at it. Lost over and over to start off. slowly getting better but yes its brutal at times

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom