Contact advertising [email protected]

Hye, I'm new here. I have a few questions & I need help from you guys to enlighten me...

Z

Zakey Dot

Hye, I'm new here. I have a few questions & I need help from you guys to enlighten me a bit about this. This cpu of mine is quite old and at my place theres hardly any mobo that can support it anymore. My current mobo is still okey, its just that i kept on thinking about those ryzen chip and maybe i should change my cpu and mobo ? Is it worth it for me to change to ryzen 3 ? Or maybe 5 ? Does this i7 of mine can still out perform them ? I'm not good at this things.

A

Allen J Russell

Time for a change, the lower ryzen will perform slightly better but all the ryzen 7 will be a huge difference. Even the 1600 is huge difference

X

Xavier Khoo

Time to move on

G

Gordon James Taylor

Grab a Ryzen 5 1400 , B350 motherboard of your choice and some ram. Or if your on a super tight budget an R3 1200. Over clock them to 3.9-4.0 and it will destroy a stock 2600 . the sweet spot for Ryzen is the R5 1600. Don't waste money on the X chips, the non X clock to the same speeds and perform the same ;)

J

Jose Yvonne Perez

I agree with Gordon James Taylor post 100%. Even though the 2600 is still really good cpu

J

Jasiek Jeż

Depends on your budget, If you can afford it then the Ryzen 5 1600 + B350 mobo of choice and 16gb of 3000mhz+ RAM will be a upgrade

B

Brian Röthschild

tbh that is still a very able bodied processor can handle up to 1070. im still using an i5 3470

S

Sergio Barraza

What kind of games do you play and what kind of stuff do you do like do you just exclusively game?

P

Paul William

Imo, anything less than a r5 1600 wouldnt be worth it. Youre rocking a quad core 8 thread cpu already and its not ancrazt IPC jump to ryzen so dont go less than a 6 core

J

Jose Yvonne Perez

Paul William have u done research between the 1500x and 1600? Must not. The 1600 is a few percents better than the 1500x. Like 6%. Won't be that noticeable to the eye

J

Jose Yvonne Perez

1500x.

P

Paul William

Its a 6 core 12 thread vs a 4 core 8 thread. There is a hugr difference. Just because a youtuber benchmarked a vanilla system with nothing running in the background doesnt mean a normal person eill have same results. Also the point was that why the fuck would he upgrade from a quad core to a quad core

J

Jose Yvonne Perez

No youtuber sir. I did research everywhere before I buy stuff.. Not a big difference

P

Paul William

Besides idk 2 extra cores

P

Paul William

I wasnt trying to insult you, or make you feel like you wasted money, because you didnt, what im saying is that its not enough of an upgrade to go from a 2600 to a 1500

Z

Zakey Dot

Maybe i should stick with it for a while until my mobo dies out i guess. Tomorrow im goin to change my psu. Gonna use the Corsair cx650m. Since the current one keeps on making random weird noise sometimes. That model is okey right ?

R

Richard Sanders

set a budget, what kind of things do you do?

C

Christopher Bonner

What you should upgrade to depends on your budget. The i7-7700K still outperforms the new AMD CPUs in most current games when you aren't GPU limited.

A

Ashton Epperson

Ryzen has a great upgrade path

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom