Contact advertising [email protected]

Honestly, where do you guys stand on this? Is 32gb of RAM just overkill or nah?

• Thread starter Brandon Cellura
  • Start date
J

Jason Hart

There goes that theory...

J

Jason Desrosiers

CAD design, simulation, Virtual machines, etc etc. Computers are tools not just toys.

J

Jason Hart

That's a happy PC.

D

Douglass R Wire

16 is good 32 is great

F

Frank Marchman

It really just depends on exactly what you are doing. Along with your memory type (SSD etc...). Most of the time, gamer and podcast and streamer and with music running. 16 gb is good. However, if you're running top of the line and overclocking and playing on 16 4k screens. Yeah, 32 doesn't look so bad.

J

Jim Cochrane

I have 32gb

V

Vincent White

They don't make the Gskill RGB in 4x4GB kits so have to go with 32GB it's not like I need to I'm being forced if I want to max out my slots anyways.

P

Patrick Thomas Cabahug

I got 64 gigs of ram

J

John Denbo

For gaming you can stop at 16gigs. If you plan on doing anything productivity wise then sky's the limit.

S

Shamus St Claire

thats not even an article...it gives no information...provides no reasoning....its a vapid collection of a few sentences

R

Robert Fitzgerald

I play with 32gb, but my system does have 8 slots and I had enough lying around from old systems. I find its about the perfect amount to work and play on a machine, you can have a browser open with 60 odd tabs and still play a game with no issues

B

Bob Maguire

When I upgraded from 8 to 16, I found that I had the same specs on both sets so I have 24.

J

Jake LaRue

I have 64GB. I am the Chrome master.

J

Jamie Gibeau

I run 32gb my next system is going to run 128gb

J

Jacob Roberson

No

J

Jacob Roberson

It's just right

D

Dean Cuh

I use 32gb and I'm always around 45-48% ram usage, you do the math.

D

Dave Curtis

Pretty standard for media workstations.
I've got 32 in my studio hackintosh and I could still do with more.

C

Chuck Gunter

It looks better. Don't care if it's overkill but it just depends on the task whether it's truly overkill. Things are finding more and more ways to use it now a days.

B

Bill Wright

If you're running a 64bit operating system,buy how much you can afford. I'm running 64gb ram on my ASUS Z170 Hero 8.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom