Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi guys, I'm currently buying parts to rebuild my rig. I'm buying a solid state drive...

M

Max Mcdougall

Hi guys,

I'm currently buying parts to rebuild my rig. I'm buying a solid state drive 2 take over for my regular hard drive however I still want to have the other hard drive slot it in for extra memory.

My operating system is currently on that regular hard drive. Is there any way that I can transfer Ada my hard drive to my solid state disk so that I can avoid having to buy windows again?

Or is the increase in processing speed from the solid state disk minimal enough on an operating system versus say a PC game to not warrant a transfer?

C

Cody Walters

If you have your windows key, you can just install windows on the other hard drive without having to buy it again. Unless you bought an OEM key the first time, there should be no issues.

D

David Jeffs

Moving over OS from one hard drive to another isn't recommended. Some programs will let you do it but it can just completely fuck the OS. Better to just clean install if you have the registry key

M

Max Mcdougall

Unfortunately I do not. furthermore it was windows 7 that I did the free update to windows 10

E

Eric Carver

You could clone the file table, but you'd be better off with a fresh install

D

Dylan Pursel

buy a potatoe. they taste amazing with bacon and cheese.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom