Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys quick question that I haven’t been able to find in google, YouTube, etc. So...

J

Justin McCarrell

Hey guys quick question that I haven’t been able to find in google, YouTube, etc.

So I built my first PC this summer and am waiting until Volta comes out for a new GPU because my roommate gave me his old r9 290. In game it hits 95 fucking degrees.
I thought it was my fan placement so I put my AiO CPU cooler as exhaust and have two case fans in the front as Intake. I have fan slot in the top of the case that isn’t being used.

So my question is, should I change the fan set up? Should I get another fan for the top? And if should it be intake or exhaust?

I have the NZXT S340 Elite case

T

Torri Weis

95c or f?

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

If it a blower style try taking apart reapply thermal paste and see what happens.

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

But they did typically hit 80 to 90c easily unleas you have a custom fan curve setup.

K

Kane Hewson

You should have a slightly positive air pressure in the case for optimal cooling so set the fans up so you have that

D

David Quiring

95c is with in spec. They are rated too 96c.

J

Justin McCarrell

And it’s an after market MSI. Has two fans in it

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

Justin McCarrell then take apart and redo paste and set a nice fan curve should be fine.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom