Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys I’m new to PCs, just did my first build in October. My current setup is an...

S

Steven Jessee

Hey guys I’m new to PCs, just did my first build in October.
My current setup is an i7 7700k and GTX 1080 build, but my motherboard isn’t meeting my needs. I have an MSI Z270-A Pro.
My problem is I need more USB slots. I currently have my headset, mouse, keyboard, oculus rift headset & sensors, racing simulator wheel/pedals, wireless keyboard and mouse (for the racing sim setup), and WIFI adapter. I’m running into an issue where my Oculus will not power up at the same time as my racing sim pedals and wheel, and visa versa. I want to race in VR but only one is working at a time. I’ve gotten to work once or twice but it takes 20 mins or so to get it right.
I’m guessing my motherboard can’t handle all of the USB devices being used at the same time.

Can anyone recommend a Z270 board with at LEAST 4 USB 3.0 ports, and 8+ 2.0 ports? I am planning to add a shifter and e-brake to my racing sim and I don’t have the USB slots right now. M
Thanks!!
Pic of setup (ignore the cable management mess, I’m still in the process of getting the new racing sim setup and moving the oculus sensors around to fit it)

J

Jimmy Nicholas

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Why not just go for one of these?

S

Steven Jessee

I bought a hub as one of my first purchase but most of the things I plugged into it didn’t work right off the bat.

D

Dinu Eduard

Buy a good hub and you are done :)

J

Justinas Daraska

Use lan port you will have 1extra usb port

G

George Hillier

Get a decent hub which is powered. Will be fine for the majority of stuff that way :)

K

Keyeric Bristol

Get a usb extension. Yo dont need a whole new mobo

T

Tafadzwa

Ur mobo isn't the problem here bro, get a good hub like everyone is saying and save ur monies.

J

Justin DeWitt

Nice case

T

Tyler James

I'm currently building a PVC cockpit for my wheel and vive! Feel free to add me to steam! Vr race someday! Lol "TylerTokes"

I

Issam Bouroua

buy an extension hub

I

Issam Bouroua

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom