Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Hello people. I saw all the news about update 5.0 and third party docks. But, if I...

• Thread starter Gustavo Ravagnani Santos
  • Start date
G

Gustavo Ravagnani Santos

Hello people. I saw all the news about update 5.0 and third party docks.

But, if I charge my switch with a cable on pc, I will put my console in risk too?

Thanks in advance!!

J

Josh Brown

I don't see why it would? Don't quote me on it.

J

Jonathan O'Brien

“I don’t see why it would.”
-some guy on the Internet

J

Joseph Largen

I would be scared to charge it via usb computer. It might think you are trying to hack it and brick your system.

G

Gustavo Ravagnani Santos

Thanks guys.

J

Juan Miguel Iglesias Iturriza

We don't know exactly why it happens, my guess is simple, the switch talks to the dock and when you as an unlicensed manufacturer build one out of specifications the switch can't get a correct response and enter a loop while flashing.
A cable isn't going to do anything because there are no parts to talk to.
The dock is not a simple charger/converter, reason why if you don't licensed=right schematic, you will be prone to fails

C

Chris Addams

Do you think it would be the same as charging it to a wall connection? Like my phone charger? My phone and my switch both are type C... I really dont want to put it in the nyko dock till I order a licensed nintendo dock but I won't be able to charge it unless I use my phone charger

C

Christoffer Aasted

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Facts: self-regulating (hence. negotiation)
"USB Power Delivery uses one of CC1, CC2 pins for power negotiation up to 20 V at 5 A"

- SAFE -

It's the docks that have an abundance of power inside the circuit which means they can't deliver 18W.

J

Joseph Loveland

It’s fine. The update is not bricking consoles. The Nyko dock was bricking Switches for months before the 5.0.0 update

J

Jermaul W

ONLY NYKO DOCKS have been reported causing this problem

E

Edward Freeman

I been Useing nyko never had a problem

J

Jay R Caguiat

They said, the switch console have some kind of system where it shuts itself it detects an anomaly, most of the time it happens when 3rd party dock is connected

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom