Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Has anyone had a left joy con that was physically connected to your console de-sync?...

J

Jordan Saylor

Has anyone had a left joy con that was physically connected to your console de-sync? Happened last night to me after playing Splatoon 2. So I always have a set of joy cons attached to the console. I was playing docked with another set in a charging grip and after playing I went to check the charge. It showed the left joycon that was attached greyed out. Hitting find controller just gave a question mark. Turning off and turning on the console didnt do anything. Removing it and plugging it into my charge grip it did not even register on the grips led that it was charging. Then I held the sync button and the leds on the joy con lit up and it synced. I found that very odd.

Called Nintendo and the lady had no idea but said she was going to have me hit the sync button anyway and if that didn't fix it it would need to be sent in.

The set on the console is never removed since it lives in a mumba case.

C

Carrie Allan Poe

I have had this happen a few times so far, and it was the left as well, if I recall correctly. I did the same things, minus calling Nintendo and the resync worked.

J

Josh Brown

Maybe you just left it on the system for too long and it got confused? I've heard of Joy-Cons de-syncing when they're not attached, but never when they're attached to the system.

J

Jordan Saylor

I don't know but even the charging grip didn't recognize it when physically attached.

C

Craig Whitney

I've had this and just detach the joycons and press the button in the middle to sync and then that should work. Always works for me

L

Luis Chavez

Same exact thing happened to me. I hit the sync button and it worked fine afterwards. It is odd though.

M

Margarita Plonski

This has happened to me both with the left and right joy-cons. I just resync them. I always play docked and with my pro controller. So every once and a while I'll play handheld and notice the problem. Once I sync them everything is fine.

J

Jon Posadny

clean the pins on the joy con and the tablet

P

Phil Krause

I did have my left joycon desync irreparably. If you have one of the first switches you could have that problem.

If you can't get anything else to work, contact Nintendo customer support. I had a replacement joycon in less than a week.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom