Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch GameStop gets a ton of shit (most of which deserved), but I gotta give my local store...

T

Travis Gossi

GameStop gets a ton of shit (most of which deserved), but I gotta give my local store some huge props. I went in just yesterday to try and reserve 'Project Octopath Traveler' Wayfarer Edition. It wasn't yet available for preorder, nor did the guys know if it was something that would be made available to them. The kid seemed unsure, but he offered to write my name down just in case it became available. I put down $25 for the reserve on the regular copy, but let them know that I was cool with them moving it over to the Wayfarer Edition if indeed it was made available. Sure enough; I checked my preorders today, and there it was! Now I know that all this probably just sounds like the kid was just doing his job, but he made the time to check his records, take my name, and double check with his manager to see if it was okay for him to do this (transfer the preorder onto the special edition). Not only that, but he (or someone) followed through today. Anyway, sorry for the long chapter here, but I just wanted to give a shout out to my local GameStop for some polite and awesome customer service! If only all of their stores could follow suit.

B

Bill Paganis

Nah man I've had similar with my local store. I mean I can't gripe any about the company but to me the employees really go above and beyond imo

R

Rocco Bennett

Employees there USUALLY seem cool. Lol at midnight release i didnt have zelda in my switch bag, didnt realize till i was in my car. They took my word for it quick...

R

Rocco Bennett

Plus they enjoy gaming culture and will give you honest educated opinions

N

Naveed Ajam

Real talk the guys at my local GameStop are incredibly nice, helpful, and not pushy. I realize the company isn’t the best, but the employees make it a great place to shop and talk.

L

Lanie Sjödin

Too often the good stores go unnoticed and unappreciated but a bad store gets noticed immediately and the whole company gets shit for it. This isn’t uncommon in my experience with GameStop.

R

Randal Dunkley

That’s basic old fashioned good customer service so he’s just doing his job.

C

C Quinn Koelemeyer

My local gamestop is also the bomb. Gamestop has a dear place in my heart. I have a community there.

N

Nathan Sokolowski

Its a dying art for sure...

J

Jibril McCaster

For sure, I agree. The company as a whole don't have the best practices, but some of their employees are very helpful and honest. Sad part is that employees like that don't stay there very long.

J

Joshua Mork

Yo! I was just in Medford Oregon on vacation! Liked it so much I’ll be moving there in may!

R

Rob Emanuel

I love my local GameStop!

P

Paul Bourassa

I should check my Gamestop to see if I can get the Dark Souls amiibo preordered....damn this store exclusivity bs.

C

Collier Godfrey

Mine has always been good. It’s the kind where you go buy the regular version of a game weeks after release and they give you the pre order bonus somehow anyway. The people there recognize me at this point and are always helpful and have the fortitude to tolerate my random rants about games, lol.

I

Ian Yurcisin

Super bummed they closed my local shop. Literally a 5-10 min bike ride to the store. The employees there were so awesome.

C

Chris Garner

I think GameStop is good. If my local retro game shop did preorders, it would be way better. They are close by and there usually isn't a ton of people in there.

C

Cliff White

Damn I think I missed it I can’t find it anywhere

T

Thomas DiVall

I love GameStop tbh, I wouldn't trade games there, but the customer service is bomb af. The dude gave really educated info on the games, and I would totally go back. I love physical copies just for the customer service

M

Matthew Lee Clapsaddle

My local gamestop has done many things to my benefit. I definitely like shopping there

J

Jason West

The company isnt the best imo (& far from it) but cant give shit to the employees. They're just trying to do their job & have money to eat. Seen a few though that were ehh & they no longer work at the local store here.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom