Contact advertising [email protected]

Cranked up fan and pump speeds, fresh thermal paste and it still fluctuates from 29 to...

J

James Day

Cranked up fan and pump speeds, fresh thermal paste and it still fluctuates from 29 to 42 after a solid reseating to make sure, on a 7700k. sits around 29 to 34 idle, pisses me off lol, any suggestions apart from delid which im considering and a new cooler? chers in advance for any ideas guys.

W

Wesley Teoh

Normal. Not worth voiding your warranty.

T

Timothy Johnson

What's your ambient temp?

W

Wayne Pritchard

honestly not worth it man

W

Wayne Pritchard

I have a 4790 non-k and it hovers around 34c with a h100iv2

N

Nitin Misra

Those numbers are normal. Delid won’t help much of anything at idle. Tell us what your numbers are when you stress test

J

James Day

Yeah very true, ok so when its under load it spikes up and has even shut itself down, and when it starts up later, it says exceeded 83 degrees. having to run fans and pump on the kraken x62 max to keep temps down.

J

James Day

Not sure why its doing it and tbh its only really just started getting to this point in the past couple days.

T

Timothy Johnson

Gaming load or stress test load?

J

James Day

Just gaming, and not overly intensive games most of the time.

T

Timothy Johnson

Running an OC on your CPU?

J

James Day

factory stock standard

N

Nitin Misra

id recommend a delid then. i did my 7700k earlier this week. i was hitting 88 degrees in stress testing without an OC. After delid, stress tests push it to 65 only. Using a kraken x52

T

Timothy Johnson

Yeah, assuming the AIO isn't faulty, then you've been hit by Intel's horrible thermal paste job...

N

Nitin Misra

Before

N

Nitin Misra

After

C

Chase Walters

With the Corsair 100vi on my i7-7700k I get 35*C - 42*C gaming. I average 28-32*C idle

J

James Hamm

28° is damn near ambient and 42° is still great. I'd be pitching at fit above 55° but under load I don't top 47°

H

Hector Ramirez

How do you unlock the speeds on cam? Mine only lets me put my fans on rad up to 50%

H

Hector Ramirez

And pump only stays 60% til temp rises

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom