Contact advertising [email protected]

Anyone use OBS for streaming/recording? I'm using it and playing on ultra, no lag or...

J

Jay Mert

Anyone use OBS for streaming/recording? I'm using it and playing on ultra, no lag or anything, tearing, blurriness, nothing. But when I go to check out the video (recording Dead By Daylight) there is a lot of blur and its not like that while I'm playing. I couldn't find anything current as far as a fix goes.

Also is there a better alternative I could use for both recording and Twitch that doesn't have these issues if there isn't a fix (or in general I'm just curious)

M

Michael Miller

Hi! For my videos I use the Windows 10, game mode. It only works if not in full screen but records at a resolution you choose from your Gamemode settings. It can connect to Xbox, but I use it just for recording. Cant stream from it either, I use Obs when i want to stream. Just click Win+G keys to open it up while in game.

E

Eddie O Driscoll

In OBS
What is your bitrate?
What is your stream resolution?
Your bitrate will determine the quality of your stream. For example 720p is usually between 2000kb and 4500kb bitrate with 3500kb considered the sweet spot. The higher the bitrate the better the quality. Remember Your upload needs to be roughly twice your bitrate to account for spikes to prevent dropped frames. So if you are streaming at 3500kb bitrate then ideally you need at least 7mb upload speed (3500kb x2 =7000kb)
Most streaming services don't allow higher than 720p @ 60fps. unless you are partnered then they allow 900p @ 60fps.
Which means your resolution is being converted and compressed... so if you are playing on a vastly different resolution it's going to show in the conversion.

O

Oscar Arredondo

Bitrate will probably fix your problem, but also check and see if you're running X264 or NVNC. X264 handles motion better but stresses the CPU more.

D

Drew Torres

You can always try Xsplit as well.

M

Mark Z Ciarleglio

It has to mostly to do with with bitrate. Lower bitrate = worse looking output. If you're streaming while playing, and your upload speeds aren't great, you have to keep the bitrate manageable. If you're uploading to youtube, you can turn up the bitrate higher as well. Native recording software from AMD/NVidia tend to work well for keeping artifacting and crushing minimal, from my limited experience. To get the best bitrate you'll need fast upload speeds, and what most pros do is use a 2nd, more cpu-heavy machine to capture and upload the video as you play it on your less-powerful gaming rig. You can get around this necessity by using a heavily threaded multicore cpu to do both - which is why if you're planning to use one system for everything many recommend at minimum a R5 1600 (better to get a 1700 with prices so low rn). I would not suggest intel for streaming while playing on a single system currently, as the video comparisons I've seen seem to indicate that intel cpus (even the 8700K) seem to have weird stuttering issues, and lower min frame outputs than Ryzen. I just play at my 1440p res and drop my stream down to 720p, with slightly higher bitrate in OBS. Sure it's lower resolution, but the higher bitrate makes it look fairly clear consistently at least. Also make sure you're using the proper newest version of OBS -
I had some weird older version and it wasn't detecting newer updates and for months struggled until I realized it was way way out of date.
Good luck!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom