Contact advertising [email protected]

anyone else having this issue with their vega cards? if i leave the voltage stock...

M

Matthew Nymann

anyone else having this issue with their vega cards?

if i leave the voltage stock (1200mv) on stage 6 and 7. but increase the frequency slider to 7% it can only clock up to around 1580mhz. if i drop the voltage down to 1050 on stage 7, it can clock up to 1720, with an average of 1680mhz. you may think thermal limits. but i had the fans and the temp settings maxed out both times. and the card never went above 60C either time. this could be a driver issue causing it to have a temp limit of 60, the under volt being able to let the card clock higher before this temp limit? just like to know if anyone else is getting this issue.

A

André Ewert

Yes. Everyone has that. Vega is power limited, mostly. Undervolting is the way to go. And anything above 1680 isn't worth the extra heat/power anyway. For benchmarks, maybe. But not 24/7.

M

Matthew Nymann

that's what im finding odd. i donno if wattman is lying but this is what im getting.
in the super position benchmark i get a solid 1680, but i think im cpu bottlenecked being that im on a 9370. it never goes above 60 and the fan my max setting of 3500 rpm it sometimes ramps up to. . i might have a gold nugget
my hbm is limited to 955 mhz no matter how much i over volt. even at 1.3v but i only need to over volt it to 970mv to get to 955mhz stable.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom