Contact advertising [email protected]

Why is it that people measure their computer temps in Celsius but measure every other...

J

Jacob Wang

Why is it that people measure their computer temps in Celsius but measure every other temp in their normal lives in Fahrenheit?

Z

Zach Alarid

Uh.....

V

Vebjørn Nyvoll

Because I measure all temperatures in Celsius, as it is a far superior measure for temperature. ;)

A

Austin Fick

New to the pc world, so I'm actually curious

C

Chris Butts

Most people measure in Celsius, just not in the US for some reason.

D

David Quinn

Um C is standard for 99% of the world

V

Vebjørn Nyvoll

On a more serious note than my previous comment, most PC communities online are international and due to Celsius being the standard in most countries, it is much easier to compare temperatures with eachother when we're all using the same measurement.

Now if only the US would swap completely to the metric system.....

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

US is the only place that uses that, together with your other ways of measuring things.

G

Geordie Hutchings

No, only in usa

G

Geordie Hutchings

USA is just using an out of date British measurement system that even Britain stop using

D

Dennis Barbier

The United states is the only country in the world that uses the red-headed stepchild of measurement units, Imperial. Everyone else uses Metric. Water boils at 100 and freezes at Zero. Everything is base 10. IT doesnt get any easier.

A

Abby Suh McLallin

The US is the only place who uses that... I think it’s called imperial? We’re the only ones who use ounces, miles, Fahrenheit, gallons, cups etc...

Take some science classes... you’ll learn metric easy.

B

Blake Wharton

There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system and those have walked on the moon.

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

L

Lewis Kiltie

I measure all of my temperatures in Celsius you do realise that people from different parts of the world use different units of measurements. Hate to tell you this but America isn't the only country in the world.

P

Pete Hernandez

Because the US does everything different from the rest of the world. We talk backwards too. Which is why Americans find European languages difficult to learn.

Y

Yäne Cejka

Get the metric system usa please, we're in 2018.

J

Jason Edwards

No there is one right way which is the metric system the other is wrong

A

Aaron McNeal

Cause us Americans are a stubborn bunch and don't want to change over. Lol

M

Macy Saefong

Well, if you really wanna know for the Americans, these programs use Celsius by default no matter where you're at, so I'm assuming most Americans just never swapped it to Fahrenheit for PC temps but still say the weather and etc with Fahrenheit, haha.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom