Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Unpopular opinion: I love Zelda: Skyward Sword and an HD port to Switch would be awesome

• Thread starter Brian Matthew Jakub
  • Start date
B

Brian Matthew Jakub

Unpopular opinion: I love Zelda: Skyward Sword and an HD port to Switch would be awesome

A

Andrew Gibbons

If motion controls are optional then id be all over it

C

Collier Godfrey

SS is a classic example of people judging a game by it’s cover (ie the first two or so hours). They were not skilled enough to get a hang of the controls and were too embarrassed to admit it. So naturally they spammed every board that it’s ‘OMG skyward sword suxxx assss!’

A

Andrew Defty

Yup! You're opinion is unpopular!

But, SS does have some moments which shine... Though they are few and far between... I however did like the art style, and the flight dynamics. Its just a shame that many deem it as a "Sucker of a game!" in the series.

Not one of my faves in the series, but not the worst either.

J

Jay Bazely

I liked it until it glitched and I couldn't progress any further, I'd probably give it another go.

D

Daniel Rasmussen

I'm right there with you, I actually love Fi.

C

Collier Godfrey

Things that DID suck that most people don’t mention: 1-first Ghirahim battle does not explain how to beat him. He gives a stupid hint that’s no better than FF7’s ‘attack while its tail is up, it’s gonna counterattack with its laser.’
2-the one thing motion control related that actually was bad: the key twisting puzzles. Those were ALMOST as bad as the ones in BotW, yes, almost, as in better, than the ones in BotW, that everyone kisses the butt of.
3-the boss battle where you go up a spiral. It was okay. Once. Not the 2nd or 3rd time.

People who complained about motion controls must have really bad reaction time. It gives you far more than enough time, and punishes you minimally for messing up.

B

Brian Schuyler

I would love for them to bring it to the Switch! Very underappreciated Zelda game.

E

Emani Lyles

I never played so id luv one

C

Collier Godfrey

What it did right
1-Zelda had personality. She seemed like a fun-loving hippie, and not in a bad way. This is to date the only Zelda incarnation that has had any sort of personality whatsoever save for the kid in OoT, but that wasn’t much either.
2-Durability sucks in any game, but at least you could actually repair and even make your shields in SS, unlike in BotW where weapons and shields are like modern technology; break it, trash it, get a new one.
3-Character development. Navi was always annoying, Link is always stoic and silent, Zelda is usually always like Link but not mute. Groose? Well, he’s just one character, but at least this is a Zelda game with a character who had an arc from annoying asshole to lovable goof.

Funny how people criticize the controls in this game when they praise LttP which essentially pitted a D-pad Link against analog enemies.

P

Paul Bourassa

more unpopular opinion: I loved Geist and would really like to see a sequel.....

J

Justin McGowan

I'm willing to bet that Grezzo or Jupiter (two Nintendo 2nd party devs) are already working on it. And I'm SUPER excited! It's my #2 Zelda :) also Grezzo had put up a job listing for "Creating a Legend 2" a few months ago and the first time they did that it was a Zelda game :)

S

Steven Goodnight

M

Mauricio Mayorga

The last dungeon in that game has to be the toughest in my opinion. I had to do some critical thinking to solve the puzzle.

K

Kent White

Bring me ALL the zelda games, just take all my money and give me those lol

K

Kenny Kuang

I love skyward sword but hated the imprisoned battles and the small world and the backtracking.

T

Tim Bogart

After playing BOTW i honestly miss the story elements that SS had, i didnt mind doing linear dungeons and going to same areas twice because they were so different every time i went (woods underwater) and the story made me want to keep going.

BOTW im just kinda running around for some reason, its fun, but it needs more (yes i have the DLC)

K

Kami Sama

I would love a GC Four Swords port to the switch

N

Nathan Zielesch

Man they could really improve the motion controls too... i would buy a copy in a heartbeat

R

Ruben Pasos

No

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom