Contact advertising [email protected]

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Mercy was a must pick pre ptr changes. I climbed to...

L

Laeth Thomas

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Mercy was a must pick pre ptr changes.
I climbed to my highest when the Mercy changes first rolled out. I saw the meta and picked up soldier right away. Tac visor only saw use when I heard that bitch screech in swiss.
The more reliant on something a team is, the more they crumble when it's removed.
She was/is the most strong healer, but I feel that her pick rate will always be inflated because of her cult following and non traditional gamers using her for the sake of simplicity.

L

Laeth Thomas

For the sake of my argument, I was rank 70 S1, diamond 2 and only played start of 3, hiatus until the end of 5, placed low plat. Season 6, I picked up soldier after changes we through, studied the game and went low plat to Masters.
S7, largely inactive. 200sr decay, finished in masters.

S

Sammy Bourgeois

Am a "cult follower" of Mercy's, can confirm that I will always be contributing to her pick rate <3

J

John Huk

I'm high GM. The higher rank you go, the higher her pick AND winrate. So no

L

Laeth Thomas

Yeah, I think pink rate is meaningless for her due to her cult picks, lol

L

Laeth Thomas

Well, yeah. She's hella strong but had counters. I don't think she was OP. Strongest healer, sure, but not game breaking.
You forfeit a defensive ult with her pick and can shut down valk with a counter ult

L

Laeth Thomas

I appreciate your input, though. I love talking about the game and it's balance.
I feel discussions should happen without mention of pick rate though.
Sombra has the lowest and she's far from the worst in the game

C

Cristina von Vengerberg

When you don’t have a mercy in your team and the enemy does its a 5v6 tbh

L

Laeth Thomas

The higher rank I got, the more I saw Torbs and Syms, too. That's an anomaly in itself lmao

K

Kevin Kusanagi

You're pretty much asking people to adapt you don't do that. This community as whole (pro players/normal) have a giant scrub mentality, as a competitive community it's pretty trash. I am not a mercy main I flex n I'll tell you mercy was balanced but I have realized this community rather cry n ask for nerfs over improving.

L

Laeth Thomas

That's every community. I come from competitive Smash and they do the same thing.
If you're running sub optimal dps, a mercy will shit on your team.

L

Laeth Thomas

But I mean, John outranks me and disagrees. I may be wrong. Maybe the truth lies someplace between our opinions on the matter.

J

John Huk

"mercy counters"

Name one rofl

K

Kevin Kusanagi

Idk I was playing Tekken for a while, they do complain but most try to adapt tbh.

L

Laeth Thomas

Soldier! I literally said that. I think he bodies her if he uses visor correctly.

L

Laeth Thomas

Mccree at lower elos or maps like junkertown

L

Laeth Thomas

I mean, I personally think every team should run soldier nearly 100% of the time, unless they're counterpicking with pharah or reaper.

K

Kevin Kusanagi

Mercy has plenty of counters, master + games the hitscan DO give her a hard time and they CAN shut her ult down.

J

John Huk

These low rank opinions are giving me cancer

L

Laeth Thomas

That's uncalled for

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom