Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch This one's for the tech-savvy dudes out there that could try to help me. I've done my...

R

Ryne Santos

This one's for the tech-savvy dudes out there that could try to help me. I've done my research on the Nintendo site, reddit searches, YouTube, tinkering with all sort of things (rebooting power cycling, port switching, etc), asking local tech friends and still nothing.

Me and my friend just bought the exact same LAN adapters on the same day (and I picked up a used 4 hub wireless router). I had to hook up my laptop to the LAN adapter first to configure the new router ssid/pw and a speed test of 96mbps (wireless is in the 60s). I put the LAN into the Switch and got nothing: no light in the adapter, nothing but an error message. Take out the LAN and put it into my iMac desktop and that connects just fine. Back into the Switch, nada again.

I've done everything. Undocked the switch, unplugged the dock, plugged in the LAN, plugged in the dock, booted up the Switch, docked it, powered off/on the router, tried all four LAN ports, went back to Reddit, checked back on Nintendo's site... All three USB ports work just fine, charging up my 3DS on all the ports.

MEANWHILE, my friend's Switch and LAN adapter are working perfectly fine.

These are the instructions I'm following.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Are there any other solutions I ought to try? I have a second dock I could try in about 12 hours.

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

Dude I went through 5 different adapters and couldn’t get any of them to work. Think it has to do with my internet because both my routers didn’t work. I gave up on it.

T

Timothy Dyer

I have a wireless adapter, but the throughput is pretty much the same as wireless. I have a 340mbps connection with Orbi's to provide good signal. None of my other devices clock such low data speed tests. However when I used to own a PS4 it was slow as well.

J

Jess McDonald

I went with an Insignia brand one at first and nothing, so I bought a Nintendo brand one at Gamestop and works perfectly.

A

Andrew Troy Stott

Try yours on his switch and see if it works. Then try his on yours. After that you will know exactly what element is not working.

C

Cesar Neg

I got this one, works perfectly both docked and in portable mode with a OTG adapter.
Plugable USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS)
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

N

Nolon Lawrence

Hmm idk I could tell you what adapter I'm using. I swapped it over from my U

K

Kevin Booth

When I used one with the wii u, the only way I could get it to work is if I directly connected it to the modem. If I connected it to the router, it didn't like it. With the switch I only do wifi but I know I have to reset my internet to use the wifi. It's like it's stale or something.

D

Donal Cronin

I'm using the old one for a Wii and works perfect

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom