Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Thanks for the add. I am currently getting ready to buy a Switch and i wanted to get...

M

Matt Rajchel

Thanks for the add. I am currently getting ready to buy a Switch and i wanted to get some opinions. Should i hold off until a new model is released or just bite the bullet and get one now? the reason i asked is because the 3ds released a new version over and over and over. im wondering if thats going to happen with the switch.

J

Joe Burnham

I guess that's hard to say. When the original Nintendo DS came out in 2004 I thought it was amazing. When you compare it to the latest 3DS model it looks awful, haha. To a certain extent, ... it's inevitable that something better will eventually come along. But you can't just never buy anything because a better thing will come along. If you wait for the Switch 2, what about the Switch 3 looming on the horizon to continue putting you off the purchase haha. It's fun enough that you should probably just get one if you want one.

J

Joe Burnham

There will probably be less versions than the 3DS, because that's a handheld. I feel like with consoles (well, hybrid in the case of Switch, but the console is a big part of it) there's more longevity

A

Adrian Chan

Will probably be another couple of years before Nintendo revise the switch hardware there was a 3 year gap between the 3ds and the new 3ds

M

Matt Rajchel

ah ok. i wonder at what point they do a price drop. id be real salty if i bought one and then a month later they dropped the price to 250 haha.

S

Stephen Blancher

New model won't be around for a long long time

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

You’re going to have to wait awhile. Buy one now and upgrade later

D

Drake Landry

I was skeptical until i bought it. If you're thinking about buying one just do it. Get zelda!

G

Gregg Cerenzio

NOW. Any revision will be long off. Switch is awesome, and the software library is insane already

C

Catherine Roberts

Handheld get updated much more frequently than home consoles the switch has only been out for a year... I can't say much about the bad side of the switch apart from the wifi which I hope they sort out but who know if or when a newer version will com to pass

D

Daniel Trinidad

Knowing nintendo i have concerns they will decrease the quality of the product and keep it at the same price. Has anyone here done any reasearch on issue with screens on 3ds consoles ? Apparently the quality control is really bad :/

S

Stacy Clymuns

Get it now. You are thinking of it as a handheld DS replacement. It’s actually a console hybrid. The next release will most likely be a while new Home entertainment system.

M

Mike Redel

I kinda hope it does, its awesome but theres always room for improvement.

C

Christopher Fonseka

The release cycle for the 3DS is about a year (with the exception of the "New 3DS" line which has been 3 years without an update)
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Given that the Switch is more alike the Wii and Wii U, and is practically brand new at this point, I see no harm in going for it

K

Kyle MacDonald

What's gonna suck is that if you do buy one and they come out with a new one you're screwed out of your save files, cause Nintendo can't figure that out either...

J

John Gomes

Just for those mentioning save files, they are already working on cloud save apparently in the new 5.0 firmware update as there is beta happening right now and we should see that happening anytime soon. Also for new models that probably won't happen anytime 2-3 years down the road. I'm sure they wanna work with the current one first and fix all the problems they have now. So buying a switch now is the best timing.

G

Greg Pettit

When I got the original DS, I never once yearned for its "sequels"... I was just happy to have a DS. New iterations of the Switch will be incremental, not revolutionary; that's how platforms work. I would just get it now rather than hedging bets against an uncertain future. The Switch is a great machine NOW, why worry about if it gets "better" in a whole year from now?

T

Trevor Green

Nintendo typically doesn't release revised hardware A year later. 2 years maybe. even that's unlikely.typically it's around 3 years. the*NEW*3DS came out 3 years after the original launched for example.

L

Liam McNamara

A new model wont be put for a while. Especially now this rediculas cardboard is on the horizon

K

Kenny Kuang

Don’t worry about a new model. I doubt it will be released anytime soon. Of you are saying a smaller version with non detachable controller than that’s a different story. If Nintendo intend to kill off the 3DS than that’s the way to go but since the 3DS is still selling so well I don’t see how they could.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom