Contact advertising [email protected]

Some days SUCK's. all i waned was to do some small upgrade's. 1: replace RX 480 with...

Y

Yngve Kristiansen

Some days SUCK's. all i waned was to do some small upgrade's.
1: replace RX 480 with RX VEGA56
2: install a secondary SSD for video edit scratch disk
3: install a 8TB HDD for video files.

first problem. the mainboard only have 8 SATA ports and two M.2 ports. the new stuff is SATA and i'm all out of free port's.
problem 2: the SSD is a 2.5" and my kase have no 2.5" slot's. only 3.5" and 5.25" ones
Problem 3: after the last "cleanup" i dont know where anything is.
after a RELY long dig thru boxes and crap i manage to locate:
- PCI-E SATA controller
- SATA cables that is long
- a 2.5" to 3.5" housing with cooling ribs (bonus)
- Sata power cable splitter

now i can start to put thing in the case. NOW i see that the 8TB drive only have 2 of the normal 3 holes on the side AND my case need the one that is not there! AND on top of that i cant locate the box of screws for my case and the vibration damper mount ned spesial screw :/ after some more digging i DO fined som other vibration damper screws that i can use. i also find an old 3.5" to 5.25" adapter i can use to mount the 8TB drive in only to find out it is TO LONG! so down to the garage and plasma torch off the dam end's to make it fit!
now it is ALL in the box. some SATA cabling rearranging and remember to put in ALL the power cables i get a picture on the screen and it wont get past the BIOS :( and i cant enter in to the BIOS. the SATA controller is not compatible
so i pull it out and the system boot's. finally. not with two drive less then i need.

so now i'm up and running. missing two cables and trying to figure out what type of a controller i can use.

K

Kevin Hansford

Maximum overdrive :) lol

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom