Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One So with Nitrado and it's cluster feature, I was thinking about starting to see if...

C

Cory Harper

So with Nitrado and it's cluster feature, I was thinking about starting to see if players on my server wanted to donate towards having more than one map. Does that sound like a fair idea? If I was to do it, has anyone done donations before? What good services are there to take donations?

P

Patrick Martin

Only person who can dictate shit like that is you. Wildcard already said what people do with their dedicateds is on them. Selling dinos and in game items, however, are against the ToS of both Microsoft and Wc, I think. You can accept donations all ya want.

I think Nitrado was saying they were going to implement a "Boost Server" option for players, so that they can donate directly to the server. I dunno if that's still planned though, as microsoft wants a piece of every server purchase from Nitrado for the xbox servers.

Tl;Dr

Go for it.

C

Cory Harper

Saying whether or not I should do it was just for show lol, more concerned with the hows of doing it. Nitrado has a donation feature but currently disabled for xbox since the server purchase occurs directly through Microsoft.

P

Patrick Martin

Set up a paypal, leave the link on your servers page for your members. I plan on doing it, and rewarding donators with in game currency. It's a real grey area, but everyone playing should pitch in to running the server. Also helps ya expand to more maps, cluster said maps, diff game modes, etc. I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

A

Alexis McLeod

It's up to you.

I'm doing it on mine. We're using a site called Patreon. What's nice is that donations are easy to track, you can set your own tiers of donations, and donations are monthly - perfect because you can pay a server off monthly.

So far we have $41 in donations between 3 amazing Patreons. The first server comes out of my pocket, and the second server will be community funded and community picked, as far as maps go.

T

Toni Whitmore

I just set mine up like 10 mins ago. I was really hesitant on doing it and made sure my players know they do not have to donate, it’s not a pay to play and they do not get a “thank you” gift bc that is against tos.

We have also asked them to donate anonymously so people don’t feel the need to one up each other.

J

Jay Rad Rybold

im setting up a patreon for my server cluster. players that pay a certain monthly amount get extra perks like dedicated spots when the servers full and more input. ill also be doing paid starter packs that go towards paying for the servers.

D

Dan Woodman

Great ark goes pay to win, through the community of all things!

F

Francisco Lorenzo

You can donate directly to nitrado toward a server you play on .there is a donation link that comes with the server you rent

G

Gavin Manson

We used Patreon and got feedback from our entire community on what ingame rewards there would be to reward those contributing..we let those planning to donate/and those that werent have a say. Yielded good results for me. The community understood they should receive something for their contribution

T

Toni Watts

Nitrado will be making it so people can donate straight to your Nitrado account which then goes onto the server. There is a donations section in the Nitrado app/website.

I however will not be making my players pay for a server that I chose to rent.

N

Nathan Londak

If you find the right person who also rents a server you can cluster them together and run different maps.

K

Kyle Dunkle

Why not just set up a cluster with other hosts?

J

James Carter

Im running a rag 32 slot server if anyone is interested in possibly clustering id be interested in talking to the ones hosting a center server

D

Douglas Cofty

Cory let me know what your planning, I have a 20 slot nitrado we can cluster

J

Jolene Baughman

We ask for 2.50 a month per player and offer incentive packs for those who pay more. We use PayPal but Microsoft gift cards can work too

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom