Contact advertising [email protected]

So just installed and overclocked another Asus Strix 1080ti so I can run SLI anyone...

P

Paul McCaffrey

So just installed and overclocked another Asus Strix 1080ti so I can run SLI anyone still think sli is pointless? Photo shows previous marks on unigine and now.

J

Joe Robey

Need a way faster CPU now to get some scaling out of them :p

P

Peter Quinn

Yes, as games don't scale well with SLi its pointless.

J

James Rideout

heaven doesnt scale particularly well with sli , firestrike and timespy scale well , time spy extreme will make your cpu cry

J

James Rideout

saying that tho , your single gpu score is pretty low

C

Cody Travis

That all and good but sli/crossfire is only as good on how well the games were optimized for it actually seen couple of instances where there was a loss in fps (for example Thief after release)

S

Steven Marshall

Do a bunch of games. Sometimes it works out for you if you play games that utilize the SLI but for others that play other games that don’t utilize SLI it’s pointless for them.

So to be fair it’s not great for everyone but great for some.

A

Anthony Evans

useless still unless a game is optimized for it using a bench mark to prove a point shows the lack of intelligence on your part.

P

Paul McCaffrey

Well let's put it this way forza 7 was no where bear getting those frame rates. It was also able to play in 8k rendering with all settings on including msaa x8 at 57fps. I'm happy :)

R

Ryan Hildebrand

Bet forza is gorgeous

A

Andy Henry

Following this post for interest

J

Joe Nucca

Is unigine heaven benchmark 4.0 what it's called?

D

Dan Medved

Two high end gpus are good if you plan to run 4k or more with how the current state of things sit. Otherwise, its just for the cool factor and bragging rights. One single high end card is what you need for today's gaming. Sli/crossfire was hardly developed for and support for it is almost non existent.

F

Frank Osorio

What kind of temps are you getting in that rig?

C

Christopher Bonner

If you are playing 4K with the graphics maxed out a 2ng 1080 ti isn't a bad idea.

P

Pat Sauer

Yep still think it is pointless. I don't care what "K" resolution you are running, unless your playing on 60-80 inch monitors the human eye can only process so many pixles so I can come up with countless ways to spend 700-1000 dollars rather than a second GPU

C

Chris Toubezoglou

you forgot to mention the fact that most games dont even support sli properly + nvidia themselves constantly discourage it.

P

Paul McCaffrey

Ah seems this has caused quite the argument. I look at the facts not the opinions. Buying the second card was a risk and with the games I play, a risk worth taking. I can now push games to insane levels and even enhance the rendering to 8k. That's real world real time actual enhancements. Not what paper and hearsay suggest. Actual evidence that games play way better than before. The only thing I would say I'm not overly happy about is the temps went up rapidly. However I'm sure this is normal as the card no longer has the room around it. Next step is to change the rear exhaust fan to an intake. This should help create positive air and push it upwards. Will update on case temps once I've done more testing later. For the record as well the greatest gaming pcs in the world run more than one GPU. #justsaying

R

Richard Clark

for the cost of a second 1080ti in SLI for gaming - yes totally pointless nowadays - support is dying everywhere

H

Hristo Zaykov

I got 3200 with a 1080 lol

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom