Contact advertising [email protected]

So I was in uefi/bios for the first time and I was greeted with CPU fan error... all...

D

Dany Velasco

So I was in uefi/bios for the first time and I was greeted with CPU fan error... all of the fans are on though and I have an H100i v2 in so there's no actual fan except the ones on the radiator when talking about the CPU cooling. Well I decided to go into bios anyway and I changed my ram MHz but I'm second guessing it as well as where I need to change the speed of the ssd. I went into advanced mode and I could only find the drop down menus to alter the ram speed. The ram I purchased was corsair vengeance lpx I don't have the box anymore but it's the black with white LED 2x8 Gb sticks. I remember it saying 3000(2400) but I'm not entirely sure. So my question is what is going on with my CPU fan? And does anyone know what MHz my ram and ssd so I change it in bios.

A

Alexander N. Nieves

I'm trying to think of a way to help been thinking all day bid

G

Geraldt Reddemann

I remember with my Corsair H50, they had one cable that goes from the pump/cooler block directly into cpu fan socket of your MOBO. Maybe just unplug that and make sure it's plugged in right. Sometimes it's easy to get those 3pin cords mixed up in a 4pin socket.

D

Dany Velasco

Gotcha

G

Geraldt Reddemann

Also, since you were asking, I found your RAM...

CORSAIR Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMU16GX4M2C3000C15 ,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I found.

D

Dany Velasco

So what speed should I set it at on my bios?

G

Geraldt Reddemann

Posted that for spec, hopefully I don't get banned.

G

Geraldt Reddemann

You know, my buddy had this exact same set and his MOBO had an older bios that was stuck at 2600mhz. So because he had 3000mhz ram, he couldn't get the MOBO to switch over automatically. He had to take it back to Newegg/NCIX in person and let them use a spare 2600mhz stick to switch over the bios to 3000mhz. It was weird. I hope this isn't your problem, it's an easy fix, but that's what he had to get his rig to run.

D

Dany Velasco

Ahh ok thanks it does help

G

Geraldt Reddemann

3000mhz should be your clock. Sorry for blabbing about that

D

Dany Velasco

It's all good. I did notice it goes from 29xxmhz to3200 MHz there's no 3000

G

Geraldt Reddemann

Maybe try the 29xx to get the machine going

D

Dany Velasco

I had it at 2133

G

Geraldt Reddemann

Oh geez. Boost that up. Underclocking doesn't hurt though.

D

Dany Velasco

Alright thanks. The other thing is i should also set my speed of the ssd right?

G

Geraldt Reddemann

I've never had to do that before; probably leave it at auto and it'll detect it itself

D

Dany Velasco

Ahh ok

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom