Contact advertising [email protected]

So I have this laptop with a 60hz refresh rate screen, and so far it runs games like...

F

Felix Tan

So I have this laptop with a 60hz refresh rate screen, and so far it runs games like GTA 5 (high-ultra settings) at 55-60FPS, so why can't I get at least a smooth 60FPS in borderlands 2(most settings are high/max)

Also, is there any way to lock the frame rates at a constant 60?

Eg. With Vsync off Gta5 can rocket off to 70-90+FPS but has screen tearing, whereas Vsync on it will most of the time remain at a constant 59-60FPS but may occasionally drop to 50-54fps (huge difference tbh) so any way to fix that?
Sorry if my question is confusing

P.s. this laptop is for college and gaming, so stop saying "you shouldnt game on a laptop"

H

Hüseyin Padovan-Özdemir

“You shouldn’t game on a laptop”

J

James Ian Lopez Cruz

Note that vsync do affect performance.

L

Lucas Sheard

You can't have higher fps than 60 with vsync on. Borderlands 2 has a way lower minimum hardware requirement than GTAV, so it's really weird you're having performance problems compared to GTAV

C

Cody Ford

It's because physX in borderlands 2 needs more horsepower. Turn it off. It's an Nvidia exclusive feature and I don't think it was considered when speccing for the game.

T

Tsatsi Mvala

Turn the FXX UP ×16☝ and motion blur down i think

B

Benjamin Alexander Wood

The Borderlands focus on elemental weapons effects cause a huge CPU and GPU usage spike when you go into an elemental-heavy battle. Toning that down in the settings should help. It is less a fault of your laptop and more a fault of the game.

T

Tyler Erickson

Borderlands 2 is just badly programmed for pc
I can lower the settings to the minimum and still get drops to below 40 FPS pretty often

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom