Contact advertising [email protected]

So, I have a question. Since a week I own Ryzen 5 1600 which I upgraded from my older...

M

Mitchel

So, I have a question. Since a week I own Ryzen 5 1600 which I upgraded from my older i5. I noticed that games felt a lot smoother compared to my older i5, even games that don't even use a lot of cpu power on my old i5. What is the reason behind this? Quite curious

E

Elia Volkov

I am thinking of switching to AMD too, i'd love to hear what the reasons of that too before I go into it..

E

Eduardo Buenaventura III

IMO, AMD was optimized for gaming. thats for sure.

T

Tyler Erickson

An i5 was likely using all 4 cores for games and not all threads
A 1600 has 6 cores, in most games they can only use 4 cores which leaves the two leftover for other system needs
So when your system decides to scan something or load some background program it isn’t suddenly cutting into your games cores and is instead using the leftover 2 that aren’t being used

B

Brian Banks

Probably because of higher minimum fps and what the last guy said

J

Jack Mayhoff

Which i5 was it?

B

Ben James

It's actually a quite well and widely documented phenomenon. Loads of users on forums and even some of the youtube hardware reviewers have noticed it.

Even when the avg frames are slightly lower (so long as they're sufficiently high enough), many ryzen users who switched from intel speak of games feeling smother.

It's definitely true for me too.

It has something to do with the spread of frame rates across minimum/average/maximum and the consistency of frame times. Also to do with the number of cores taking care of background tasks.

Whatever it is, the gaming experience on RyZen especially when well tuned with fast, tight timing RAM, is generally spectacular.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom