Contact advertising [email protected]

so i have a question about internet we recently got a new provider and we needed to...

J

Josh Hilts

so i have a question about internet we recently got a new provider and we needed to get a new router now that new router only had one Ethernet port so we hooked it up to something else idk if its a nether router or modem *idk the wifi tech stuff* and that gave us more Ethernet ports so i have a cord going downstairs to a simple splitter so me and my brother both have a connection im connected to the first port on the splitter but the second thing im connected to im connected to the 3rd port would this be slowing down my ethernet speed and also the cord going downstairs is like 100ft would that slow down speeds as well? i probably could have summed this up better but im at work so i can send pics in about 3 hours if that helps

A

Andrew Sheets

ethernet even if its a 100 ft cable is better than wireless. if you have a separate router ran from your modem to increase ethernet sockets for every device actively using your internet you can assume that your bandwidth will be split equally amongst every device. if devices are downloading or using more bandwidth that will also pull from network availability. 100 ft of ethernet is a lot but as long as connections are secure and the wire is whole you should be fine on it

G

Gordon Schaubert

Sounds like a switch.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom