Contact advertising [email protected]

Question. Made the move from HDD to SSD Issue. I only need the Win10 boot on the SSD,...

• Thread starter Jordan Erickson
  • Start date
J

Jordan Erickson

Question.
Made the move from HDD to SSD

Issue. I only need the Win10 boot on the SSD, and there's no room for a full transfer of my 950GB of shit. I only want Win10 moved on it for fast boot, and a few games.

Every option I've found was for moving the entire drive but I just want Win10 moved.

J

Jonathan Guaves Jr.

Try to install a new os in the ssd then delete the old one

K

Kevin Kurniawan

you must install new os after changed to ssd.

R

Ryan Kinsey

Spend 15 at kinguin on a windows key and call it a day.

J

James White

Remove HDD, go through install on SSD, set that on your bios to be boot drive. Turn off and plug in HDD and you should just be able to boot into Windows, confirm you're using your SSD, then just delete the windows folders (you may need to get permissions for that)

D

Dennis Barbier

Momve all all your documents to a storage drive temporarily, make an image of your boot drive with something like Macrium Reflect Free edition. Restore that image to the new smaller SSD. Once the restores complete boot into Windows off the SSD and you can remap folders like Mydocuments or whatever to the larger storage drive.

C

Chavlier Brown

Get an external SSD and copy ur files there.

Next install windows on the new internal SSD. Use your key from the previous install

C

Christopher Kaye Bunzly

Just merge os with ease us partition manager

J

Joshua Walker

Mini tools partition wizard... Use the migrate OS feature

J

Jordan Erickson

Just ended up installing a new windows on the SSD from a USB by disconnecting my original hard drive.

C

Chris Kiddell

I don't think you can transfer your OS to another drive, you have to do a clean install.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom