Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch People, i have this problem, any of you has it too? i bought a Samsung Evo+ 256GB...

• Thread starter Xavier Ricardo Berrío Mejía
  • Start date
X

Xavier Ricardo Berrío Mejía

People, i have this problem, any of you has it too?

i bought a Samsung Evo+ 256GB microSD card, it was formated with Switch's built-in option. Whenever i just-format the mSD card it seems to work for a while, then, after a couple of updates/downloads it just stops working.. no new update/demo/whatever will be downloaded and i have to remove it to get the contents into the nS's internal memory.

The memory was brand new and it works properly on PCs, i even had a 32GB Samsung Evo (no plus) before which had the same issue.

Any idea what could be wrong? i already updated the nS, went through all Nintendo's directions, heck i even called them.. don't know what to do since i'm stuck with a 256GB memory that's basically worthless :(.

Any and all help will be welcomed.

E

Essam Abbasi

Put it In your PC, format it to ext4, then format it to fat32, make sure its slow formatting

T

Tony Simmonds

How much did you pay for it?

J

Jonathan DeSira

Fake memory card.

T

Trevor Brown

Where are you buying the memory cards?

Н

Николовски Бојан

Its probably FAKE, but since its usable for pc then use it for pc only and buy your self a new one for The switch

J

J.D. Hall

Yeah sounds like a fake one...you buy it off wish?

J

Jermaul W

Put it in the a pc and run a sd card tester.
I have a 128gb evo and it works fine

W

Wesley Grimes

Picture?

J

Joyce Toh

I hv evo 256gb too. It works fine for me so far. Make sure u contact the seller u bought it from if it is still under warranty. I got mine online for 150sgd during a sale last yr

L

Leonel Guerrero

Probably fake.

D

Daniel Rasmussen

X

UPDATE to everyone posting here and all those keeping an eye on this post:

After checking with Joyce and Jermaul it is evident that their packing and the card's printing themselves have some differences compared to mine, which, most possibly mean, mine's a counterfeit (and i admit: very good made).

Lucky me i lost no money on this purchase; so, in order to help other people who may go through something similar, i'll gladly share some differences you may use to know if a mSD card is Samsung legit or not (besides the ridiculously low price, of course). Here's some explanation of the differences:

1- You may see the counterfeit reads at 95mbps instead of 100mbps
2- Counterfeit has a + symbol whereas the original has a PLUS word.
3- Font types and color are slightly different between legit and bootleg
4- bootleg may lack some information like the "with SD adapter" text.

I really hope this will help the community and, should you get ripped-off on trustworthy websites like eBay or AliExpress REMEMBER: you can always ask for your full refund like i did as soon as i saw the mSD card fail.

NOTE: should i try out the card with those size-testing apps, will let you know too :)

THANKS EVERYONE! :D

X

X

X

R

Robert Feinburg

File a claim with eBay and only buy these cards from reliable places. I bought mine on Amazon that sold by Amazon.

X

For those who still had the slightest doubt of how shameless was this scam of a mDS card: it was only 57MB in size.. not even 1GB :p

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom