Contact advertising [email protected]

PC $550 - St George, UT A friend of mine is selling her PC for $550. I'm interested...

R

Ren Tyrell

PC
$550 - St George, UT

A friend of mine is selling her PC for $550. I'm interested in possibly buying. But I admittedly don't know a lot about PC specs. Does this sound like a good rig for the asking price?

V

Vinnyntiff Gee

How many GB the gpu ?

Z

Zach Lancaster

It's a bit dated(960), but see if she's willing to drop it to $400

R

Ren Tyrell

Could I easily upgrade it to handle current and future games? I am looking to buy my first PC here. And I know this one isn't the most powerful gaming PC out there or anything. I like the case she's selling it in. But I would like to know I could upgrade it easily enough to keep up with the times. I would assume I would want to upgrade the graphics card at least. Again, I don't have a lot of PC gaming knowledge here. So any help / insight would be greatly appreciated.

K

Kieran James McHale

Good price

R

Ren Tyrell

What are some of the main things that would need to be upgraded here to handle most current games?

B

Bakti Yudha Suryana

Good enough, I guess. Would have to upgrade to GTX 1060, but it's a decent rig.

Κ

Κοζ Λια

With this budget you could build a ryzen 1200 , b350 mobo and 1050ti. It would be future proof, cause amd will support the chip for next gens

R

Ren Tyrell

Can I simply upgrade this to that with what I have here? Or would I need to upgrade other things to run a GTX 1060?

M

Mike Magwire

Its not really that bad, dock a buck for not having an ssd though.

I always aim high so they'll talk me down... tell her to sell its for 475 and take 420.

J

Jarrod Freeman

Not too shabby, more than likely capable of playing most things at medium-high

M

Matthew Curry

skippp it. id buy it minus the gpu for 300.

M

Maciej Rudolf

Scrape up some more and get this
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

M

Matthew Curry

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

M

Matthew Curry

H

Henry Komelski

It's missing the SSD for that price

J

Joey EL

$550.00 is an okay asking price, they're not trying to screw you

I think with that system, you'll be able to play the vast majority of games at medium to high settings depending on the game

That particular PC isn't very upgradeable because nobody makes CPUs with that exact style of socket anymore, so if you ever wanted to upgrade it will be processor, motherboard, and Ram at the minimum

So yeah, right out the box you can play most things. I think if you can talk the seller down to about 500 it'll be an excellent deal, 450 a fantastic deal

The only thing I would recommend upgrading when you have money would be the GPU. As long as your intent is to stay with 1080p resolution, a 1060 6gb card 4 round 270.00- 280.00 will carry you for many years

J

Jon Burks

Talk him down 450-500 that would be a good deal

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom