Contact advertising [email protected]

NOOB QUESTION **** Someone stole my labtop. It's password protected! Switch is kind...

B

Brendan Leaman

NOOB QUESTION ****

Someone stole my labtop. It's password protected! Switch is kind of good. But if I log into my Microsoft account from web browser and change my photo, name and password... could they someone still log on because of be changing all that??

Thank you! Serious question!

J

James Mctavish

Yes because the computer won't have connected to wifi to update the password. Plus, they could yank the HDD and just see yah shit that way

J

James Cassidy

Odds are he'll format the drive so your password is worthless. Or he can remove the drive and access your data that way BIOS password could be troublesome but its not a super tough thing to get around either. Shitty deal bro. Hope you had nothing super sensitive on it. Only way to protect it from 99% of people is to encrypt any folders containing sensitive data. Both I.g can be done about it now though

I

Ian Juarez

If you have usb booting available he could boot to a live Ubuntu usb and enable the hidden administrator account. I just hacked into someone's computer that way.

If it is disabled then they need to get into the bios. That is easy if no password is set.

If there is a password set, all they would need to do is dissect your dear sweet computer and clear the cmos. Then they can access bios and enable usb booting, then boot to a live usb, enable hidden administrator, then create a new account through it. Then your lappy is theirs.

If they have the skills, it is completely accessable.

Or they might just sell it to a guy who has those skills

Or melt it down and sell it to the highest scrap bidder

Or pee all over it and mail it back to you

G

Gerald Hidalgo

I believe there is a similar question like this somewhere in this or other grouo.. You guys friend?

J

Jay Plaza

I thought we already helped out with this...

R

Ronnie Schmidt

All they have to do is change hdd and new windows install. Then it's a new laptop. Sorry

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom