Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Nintendo Switch newbie here....I bought a switch for my 7 yo for Christmas this year....

E

Emily Bosman Eling

Nintendo Switch newbie here....I bought a switch for my 7 yo for Christmas this year. The question I have is charging related. Does the switch charge when it's on the dock? Do the joy-con's charge when the switch is charging? What do I need to buy that is battery related, aside from what comes in the box? Really any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am not much of gamer and I am feeling really lost but want my son to have the best Christmas morning ever! The only game I've purchased (pre-ordered) so far is Pokken. Any game suggestions for younger gamers would be great! (He is obsessed with Minecraft)

S

Steve Naranjo

Yes, the switch and joycons will charge when placed on the dock. As for games, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is great fun for the whole family, as is Splatoon 2. In terms of single player games, Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Mario Odyssey are good choices :3 zelda is already out, and the other 2 will be out relatively soon.

C

Caitlyn Stecker

You don't really need any accessories other than a screen protector. Get a screen protector! Lol

C

Caitlyn Stecker

I'd also get a game case for it if you haven't already

E

Emily Bosman Eling

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

E

Emily Bosman Eling

This is the case I was considering.

C

Caitlyn Stecker

It seems like a good case, but as an avid Amazon shopper, there's not enough buyer images for my liking. I'd keep looking for a case with more reviews than the generic sounding one's posted.

E

Emily Bosman Eling

E

Emily Bosman Eling

This is the other one I had saved to the wish list. I like the zipper for the controller/cords vs just a pouch I've seen on some. I like the velcro strap in vs the bands which I think would stretch taking it in and out. Show me what you love!

C

Caitlyn Stecker

That one seems like a much more reputable seller xD and the Velcro bands a much better option. I personally like the second one better.

C

Caitlyn Stecker

Nintendo Switch Case and Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Ztotop Portable Travel Carrying Case Protective Hard Shell Pouch for Nintendo Switch Console & Accessories (10 Game Holder), Streak Red

C

Caitlyn Stecker

This one looks like your first one with better reviews and more reputable seller.

C

Caitlyn Stecker

I deleted the one I just shared because after looking it doesn't even have a way to hold it securely.

E

Emily Bosman Eling

Do you think it would fit in the case with one of these? Just trying to cover my bases with what I consider a VERY expensive Christmas gift for a 7 yo.

C

Caitlyn Stecker

I think it'd be a great idea to take with you when you're out and about, but it'll have to be removed when he connects it to the TV. It also may not fit properly in its case. Maybe a larger case. I'll take a look at the one I got at home later tonight or tomorrow and check mine out, for reference. My case is on the larger size.

J

Jefferson Navarro

"For my 7 yo"...... Riiiiight.... :) Peace man

M

Matt Evertson

If he's 7, I'd avoid some of the harder stuff. Zelda is definitely not an easy game. I'd get him Lego worlds, Cars or mariokart, whatever Lego superhero games come out by then, maybe minecraft digital.

IF you think he will be playing more on the Tv than handheld mode, the Charging grip is a good purchase idea in case his joycons die. You can just charge and keep playing.

J

J.T. Melanson

Lego City Undercover is actually an awesome game with a very campy sense of humor. I recommend that one. It isn't too hard at all and there's a lot of game to be had in there too.

Zelda is not an easy game and can be frustrating at times but kids these days are surprisingly smart and since this game is puzzle oriented, I would consider it for when he gets a bit older.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is another title I can definitely recommend. Fun title, a fair amount of content and the gameplay is simple enough too.

K

Karen Davis

For this age I'd look at mario kart, overcooked, big success with my 6 & 7 years old who keep stealing my switch

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom