Contact advertising [email protected]

Nintendo Nation!!!! Reggie claims that Nintendo is going to support the 3DS BEYOND...

T

Todd Black

Nintendo Nation!!!! Reggie claims that Nintendo is going to support the 3DS BEYOND 2018! ...can they really do that?

S

Sam O'Neill

I don't see why not.

A

Adolpho Beliver

The PS2 was supported for almost a decade. No reason to believe the 3DS won't garner the same support.

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Yes. Yes, they can. A near 70 million user base. Why abandon it? With the new 2DS XL, they can hit 80 million.

See, folks are saying,"DROP THE 3DS, GO ALL IN ON SWITCH."

Okay. But the Switch only has a 5 million user base so far. They need time to build it up, otherwise they're abandoning a massive install base for another that will EVENTUALLY be of equal size.

The most optimistic forecast... being extremely generous, it will take Switch at least 3 more years to reach that size of install base.

P

Peter Elvis Ankar

I surely hope they do!

P

Peter Elvis Ankar

The 3DS I'd say is the primary reason Nintendo was able to stay afloat.

C

Colin Schulte

I think there'll be some support, but not too much. The E3 spotlight was entirely Switch focused, and with the next mainline Pokémon game after UltraSun/Moon being on Switch. It seems like they've definitely got it on the back burner. The DS had a trickle of games coming out on it for a good 2-3 years after the 3DS launched, I think we'll see something similar with the 3DS' twilight years.

J

Joshua Michael Page

It’ll slowly die off next year

H

Henrik D. Ragnevi

Have not barely touched mine since I got the Switch...

C

Chris McAtamney

I honestly think 2018 will be it's swan song, with either an HD successor announced or perhaps a 3ds adapter for the Switch.
If I was to go out on a limb, I'd say one day we'd have a new home/portable hybrid like the Switch but with an expanding screen that collapses inwards or rolls out to a large screen. Docks while at home. I think Samsung already has a screen like this. This would be nice and make the device totally easy to pop in your pocket and go, whereas currently you have to put the Switch in your man purse or backpack. Lol

T

Tramell Wade

I alternate between playing my switch/3ds/Wii U, it all depends on what game I feel like playing, soo I am all for then continuing support.

I

Ian Trent Lopez

New new 2-3dsU64 XL featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Y

Yacoub Tnuki Kort

D

David Culp

For me at least, the 3DS is the more portable and durable system between the 3DS and the Switch. The Switch is a home console for my family, but both my daughter and I have a New 3DS XL for both home and gaming on the go.

My hope is that when they stop supporting the 3DS that they introduce a more durable Switch.

F

Frederick Sims

The 3ds does have a strong library of games but the HD screen and the ability to play zelda, mario kart, and now arms in the go pushes the switch ahead of the 3ds in my opinion.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom