Contact advertising [email protected]

My Ryzen 5/RX 580 build sits at around 1200 bucks and I just found this for 550 bucks:...

T

Tyler Gollihugh

My Ryzen 5/RX 580 build sits at around 1200 bucks and I just found this for 550 bucks:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I don't know which i5 that is. Earlier this month I found a 200 dollar PC with a dual-core 1st gen i5, and a GTX 960. I replaced that GPU with an R9 380 and now it's a pretty good PC but it's not quite enough. It'll max out Doom on Vulkan real nice but for some reason it just doesn't -feel- like enough for my main rig, plus it's HDD only and uses a Dell Micro-ATX motherboard and I feel like there is something weird with this system. Is sluggish. Maybe just needs formatted.

All the video cards I want are crazy expensive.

Anyhow. For 550 this guy will give me;
i5 3.4ghz (Presumably quad core, I'm asking)
16gb RAM 2066 MHz
GTX 970 4gb
1tb HDD (Seagate)
240gb SSD
DVDR
750w PSU

-------------------------

Think that'll be enough to max out most games? How big is the difference between a 970 and a 1060? I am not one to settle but that's less than half the price of the "main" PC I was gonna build. Would mean for a total of 750$ spent I have two competent gaming PCs.

G

Garrick Schull

If youre not one to settle you should be buying a 1080Ti. A 1060 is settling greatly. But for $550 that is a pretty good rig. Just don't expect to max out games at 60 fps

T

Tyler Gollihugh

I think the 1080ti is far into the land of diminshing returns for my dollars. I only do 1080p

T

Tyler Gollihugh

We are well into project car money at that tech level sir

G

Garrick Schull

Tyler Gollihugh resolution is like horsepower. Once you go big you can't ever go back! Cant even stand 1080p anymore. As far as project cars what are you working on? I'm a huge car nut as well as computer enthusiast. I'm Currently building a 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 that has been an absolute money pit lol but it'll be worth it in the end!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom