Contact advertising [email protected]

Last Nights Episode of Overwatch: Competitive Communication Map: Hollywood // Attack...

N

Nathan Storey

Last Nights Episode of Overwatch: Competitive Communication

Map: Hollywood // Attack
People in chat: 4
Platform: Xbox

Last night my brother and I qued up for comp. We flex pick but we try to get at least one of us on a DPS role. I insta lock genji and wait to see it I need to swap. He holds unselected. Another locks in as Rein with the words “I only know how to play Rein. Haha.. I don’t know why I play comp”
Ok fair enough.. at least we get a Rein in chat.
The silent player in chat selects mercy. Does not acknowledge any vocal ques.
Ok.. at least it’s a mercy.
The duo que not in team chat locks in as Torbjorn and Symmetra.

A little back story.... I freaking hate Symmetra.
Now a lot of people would rage at this point. How on earth does one fill a team composition with this duo?
I make the call... Derek, go on your main. We will overwhelm them with dps, ignore the sym, and hope the torb gets a turret up the stairs. We rush in and take control of the stair. I swap Moira.

Their team: Orissa, Roadhog, Mercy, Zennyatta, Hanzo, Symmetra.

It took one push. I killed the mercy and then tried to focus the targets Sym was trying to microwave while bouncing healing orbs off walls, torb got his turret up top to annoy the defenders from above, and Derek (brother) rained hell from above. Pushed nearly to the end.

Hollywood // Defense:

Torb swaps to Roadhog. Derek swaps Bastion. The rest of us don’t swap.
I suggested we hold on the back stair. Torb set his turret on the elevator. Sym did ... things I think...

A toxic game turned Victory. Correct communication is key. If you’re low ELO, chin up and just play the cards your dealt. If you hold your own and work with the people you’re given, you may just pull off some SR gain.

... I still hate Symmetra.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom