Contact advertising [email protected]

I've been thinkin about this since I bought OW I played Dota 2, CSGO, LoL, etc and...

• Thread starter Muhammad Imam Satria
  • Start date
M

Muhammad Imam Satria

I've been thinkin about this since I bought OW

I played Dota 2, CSGO, LoL, etc and the chance to meet the same players again and again is really small, I can say almost impossible.
Why it's so easy to meet the same players again and again in OW?

I mean, I already knew some players in my team not playing really well and the next match when I que for another match, I meet them again as a teammates or enemy but most of the time they're in my team again.

M

Matteo Cherchi

The matchmaking algorithm works different in OW and places you near "players of your same skill"

J

Jimmy Axel Johnston

League and most MOBAs end up having a rating system called ELO that balances the teams so both teams have as close as possible to 50% chance of victory.

In theory it works, but it can be skewed because it devalues how much a single player who's higher skill than everyone else can influence a game.

OW though, to my knowledge, tends to use a mix of KDA and W/L + your rank to determine who you play with, so one could argue that you'll be placed with people who perform roughly as well as you

A

Ababil Ashari

also yr put in the same virtual grouping so if there isnt proper matches w new people with the same network profile as you, you just meet the same people again

this is on top of straight mmr matching

小雀島田

Matchmaking
Youre matched with people of the same skill level and region as you

J

Jorge Sepúlveda

Also, know that different players can have the same name. Don't think that just because you see the same name, it is the same person.

J

Jesus Rivera-Cruz

In LoL if you actually go to the events it’s very easy to meet players.

C

Colin Valiton

I mean how many people do you think are playing within 100 of your sr? What times do you que? Hell in rocket league I beat the same 2 people 3 games in a row once

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom