J

Jason Eli

No

S

Sam Henden

No, but you'd still be better off with even sandy bridge

A

Anthony Phillips

i wouldnt call it stupid but their is more fps to be had if you pair that gpu with like an 8th gen i5

B

B Alan Miller

You can upgrade in steps. Get the nice card now. The processor can last you another year.

A

Asif Haque

yes, stupid. even a 60$ 7th gen pentium cpu will give better frames

J

Justin Smith

i mean yes/no. if you are upgrading section by section, then now. you buy what is first on your list

C

Cameron Elliot Bancroft

You'll be fine. A 1060 6gb is an the limit before you start running into bottlenecking with FX cpus

V

Vignesh JS

If you feel that's stupid, I paired GTX 1060 6G with a Ryzen 1300X .

B

Brian Banks

No it's not stupid considering not all of us upgrade everything at once if you're gaming yes it's a good idea to get the best gpu you can get then upgrade you cpu later to get the most out of your gpu with higher min and max fps

B

Brian Banks

Reminds me of when I went from a gtx970 to a 980ti but still on fx9370 I didn't see much of an improvement unless I ran at 5ghz but soon as I got a i7 3770 I was in a new world lol same if I would have went ryzen but the i7 was way cheaper for once lol

R

Ron Barchuk

Not really. I prefer to pair nvidia with intel. It is designed to work better but I used and with Intel cpu before and noticed no detrimental effects.

K

Kev West

im on the fence of saying yes. that cpu will likely bottleneck those gpus but it depends on the experience you are looking for.

O

Orion Holt Jacoby

I ran a 1060 with a 8350 for about 6 months. Only a few games really got choked by the 8350. I would say go for it.

R

Rick Weller

OC the fx,upgrade to ryzen after you upgrade your gpu.It will be fine.

R

Ryan Hildebrand

I got 8370 and 1070 and on a LED tv i am getting 75-100fps with minor overclocking... forgot to add that was on gtaV

O

Oussama Hidri

Well you are

J

Jason Dudek

No it actually matches well with that processor, plus you can upgradebto Ryzen later this year for 2nd generation Ryzen processors.

A

Aaron M Wright

I was running a 8320 with a 1060 small bottleneck

D

Dylan Angel

Are you planning on keeping in and replacing the and eventually?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom