Contact advertising [email protected]

Is it possible for someone to belong in a certain rank but not be able to climb there...

A

Anna Wang

Is it possible for someone to belong in a certain rank but not be able to climb there from lower ranks?

G

Greyson Carter

Rank doesn't determine individual skill or game knowledge. At least imo.

G

Greyson Carter

Grinding up SR determines your decision making and working together with your team/or just winning in general.

A

André Reis

This applies both ways, also for people who are higher that they should
In the short run this happens
But in the long run you will be on the rank you belong

R

Ronald Kovacevic

rank does not matter

A

Angela Brousseau

Practice my dude

M

Mathieu Berger-Latour

That's a tough question honestly.
I let my friend whose a Widowmaker main stuck Platinum play on my account and he easily managed to play multiple games at Grandmaster level. So in a sense, he's someone whose stuck in Platinum but can easily play in higher elo's. But, it's also fairly easy to climb out of any rank given you have the skills for it. This has been proven numerous times. So it's hard for me to give a concrete answer

R

Ryan Winkler

Yes and no, yes because if you aren't climbing. It's probably because you're at the rank that matches you're skill level. However, you can always improve and get better to be able to climb to a better rank.

D

David Anderson

my "smurf" is master but my main is stuck in low gold from when I used to fuck around in 6 mans.

R

Rye Guy

Overwatch isn’t skill based it’s team based if you have a shit team then that sucks for you but if you have a decent team you can easily win.

A

Aaron Clarke

I did comp for the first time when I was level 46 and drunk at 4am and placed silver.
I’ve been afraid to even try comp again even though now I’m level 256.

J

Joaquin Sierralta

Is complicated... u get more sr that lose from each match so u have to be losing more that winning... at some point u will have a good spree, u will climb and u will need almost double your wins to drop again... if u manage to drop again u should really check what you are doing... do all you can to not blame your team... i know is hard... but try... fix all of your shit first...

J

Jordan Pelletier

Oh yes definitely. Its a team game. But initially it is based on your stats overall like how well you preform in a game. But honestly it can be super hard showing off your skill without teamwork.

J

Julia Berntsson

I kinda feel this way about getting out of silver... might just be in my head though, i'm not gonna be selfish.

A

Anissa Martinez

If your suposto be a rank youll get there. If your not climbing then sure enough your probly closer to the rank you should be

A

Alex Kirk

100% yes. I know I'm better than mid plat (as a healer and tank at least) but every time I look like I'm finally gonna get somewhere and make it back to my season high, I then get 3 games in a row with a throwing Torb or a team who've just decided we're playing with 5 dps. It's so fucking demotivating after all that work.

J

Jerry Allen-Foshee

In my main, I'm stuck at the border between bronze and silver. On my new account, I placed plat. So, yeah.

B

Bradley Garcia

Ive been in matches where Im half asleep, get 50 kills and still lose because the team cant follow up, it is very possible to not be able to climb since gold and below is a cointoss for a good team

M

Mitch Rhodes

I mean, there's a decent bit of RNG to it.
On my lower ranked account that I'm climbing on sometimes I'll get matches where we have 5 support mains and me. But we're "favored" to win that match

Against a team that has a rein/orisa, d.va, mercy, zen, solider, junkrat mains.

Sometimes you gotta take your L

But your winrate should still be positive.

J

Jeremy Fernando

yes im 3200-3370 on my smurf but 2700-2970 on my main

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom