Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch In light of the recent Pokémon direct, I've got a few things to say on its reception....

I

Isimi Kehinde

In light of the recent Pokémon direct, I've got a few things to say on its reception.

1. Expectations were high in light of the switch's success and rumours of a Pokémon star coming, I can only say it is the consumer's fault for giving yourself such expectation and feeding into the hype, you have yourselves blame. Nintendo never acknowledged the rumours, you did.

2. It is unreasonable to have expected them to announce a mainline Pokemon game on switch on a 8 minute direct that is a few days from a large convention; E3. Again, your expectation were too high and that again is your fault.

3. Pokken tournament makes sense to port; it has the potential to be bigger than what it was on Wii U. Also it's not a straight remaster like other games *cough* last of us and uncharted*cough* it has added characters and better modes and better functionalities that utilise the switches capabilities.

4. Pokken tournament is a great filler and adds to the library of the first 9 months.

5. When have we ever had a mainline Pokemon game in the first year of a Nintendo system? People need to be realistic.

6. A mainline Pokémon game in the first year of a system that is scarce doesn't make sense, they'll never meet up with demands.

7. The schedule is very tight, with a major game (from Nintendo alone) coming every month, were will they put it to maximise profit?

Now I'm not saying we can't be surprised later on in the year, monster hunter xx comes to mind, but we have to be realistic and stop allowing rumours, hype and dreams to distract us from logic, wake up!

Thanks.

N

Neal Dole

Well said and thank you for the post.

P

Pablo Pedroza

THIS! THANK. YOU. You give me hope,there was SO. MUCH. BITCHING. about this 8 MINUTE DIRECT!

K

Katie Lazzelle-Baily

Too many gamers buy into the hype machine based on rumors and it's really getting annoying. Hype culture is created by the game industry so you'll pre order a game and buy it on day one.

J

Jace Henry

Exactly what i thought when i heard peoples reactions, but honestly people got to think more logic and realistic, the direct was exactly what i expect it to be

J

Jair Kouwenhoven

You are my hero! THANK YOU. You make sense and have a realistic view with regard to Nintendo as a whole. Not to mention Nintendo doesnt even own Pokémon, so they didn't do anything wrong in the first place. I hope E3 is big and great for Nintendo but I will keep myself in check regarding what is possible

K

Katie Lazzelle-Baily

I'm sick of Nintendo die hards acting like a company making money is horrible and how they should focus only on making WiU owners happy. Same crap we heard with the Wii. Just because you owned a WiiU or Virtual Boy doesn't make you a special snowflake that Nintendo should exclusively cater to. Get over yourself. Companies exist to make money.

M

Maxwell Hill

I'd hug you if I could sir

A

Aaron Briggs

Between groups like this, YouTube and gaming sites the hype was through the roof on a rumor

R

Rob Morgan

To be honest, I have seen more bitching about others bitching, than about the Direct itself. As for me, I am just pumped about Pokken coming to the switch.

A

Arthur Anglade

IF YOU'RE GOING TO HYPE, HYPE SOMETHING THAT'S CONFIRMED. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

D

Dan Hall

I'm incredibly excited about pokken tournament. It's a game I always wanted but couldn't own.

M

Matthew Lawson

A

Anders Højd

Well said!

R

Ryan Morrison

I want to know what people truly thought Pokemon Stars was going to be. Sure, they thought it was going to be on Switch but how different did they expect it to be? Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are upgraded versions of Sun and Moon, which is what I was hoping that Stars would be. We have the game we were expecting, just not on the device we were speculating. The game engine is designed for the 3DS. Is it really that much a surprise the upgraded version is also on the 3DS? The 8th Gen of Pokemon is when the game will get its next big upgrade. I'd imagine the Switch is on the table for that one.

S

Shavawn Crowe

Because bitching about people bitching is really going to help

E

Ernest Devin O'Toole

I played so much Pokken tournament on Wii U though. I wish I felt like Nintendo actually cared that some of us have been with Nintendo since day one. We need third party support and thats been a complaint for Nintendo for decades.

M

Michael Alexander Caddick

So it's OUR fault it was crap. Okay....

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom