Contact advertising [email protected]

PC If anyone could help, that would be great. From what I can tell, Destiny or any of...

H

Hayden Lowe

If anyone could help, that would be great.

From what I can tell, Destiny or any of my other games, for some reason choose not to use my Dedicated GC.

I have an AMD linked set, an R5 and an R8. And yes, I realise Destiny of all things probably should not be running on it, but it’s not too bad. It’s somewhat playable. I just want to know why nothing SEEMS to be using my 2GB dedicated card.

Currently my R5 has roughly 512 MB and is set as main. Where as my Dedicated has 2GB, which from my understanding is supposed to be used when I set my programs to ‘High Performance’. Which it doesn’t seem to want to.

I see it’s a bit of a common issue. If you can’t help, that’s fine. I’ve been doing research into this for weeks without success.

Or at least let me know that I have this all backwards.

Also, I cannot access anything in the BIOS. It’s locked down so modifications are out of the question.

B

Ben Savage

How is your BIOS “locked down”?

B

Ben Savage

That’s dumb I’ve never run into this because I build my own. If you want to unlock the bios. Jump the cmos battery and get in there and take care of business.

K

Karl Weinger

Could prob google around I'm sure there is a way in the bios.

S

Sam Cowen

I don't think you can enable crossfire in the global settings. Go into crimson into the game title settings, disable most of the settings but enable shader chache and Put Crossfire in 1x1 mode Not Default, then disable dual graphics in additional settings. It sounds like it's registering crossfire mode which will always default the performance cards dedicated video memory and core clock to the equivelant of the slowest card in the link.

W

William Timineri

I only SLI Nvidia, but you need to use the same cards.

IE I can’t SLI a 770 with a 670 and I can’t SLI a 770 and a 1070.

You need to identical cards in that series to properly Sli or crossfire.

I Don’t do Crossfire, but I would assume you can’t pair an R5 and an R8.

Also, if you’re bios is “locked” you’ve done something wrong, out you just upgraded a basic dell or something.

Hard to give technical answers with no technical information.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom