Contact advertising [email protected]

PC I need some help. My PC broke down yesterday, and it is the first time I run into this...

A

Alejandro Leon

I need some help. My PC broke down yesterday, and it is the first time I run into this problem. I was watching videos in yt, and it suddenly turned off... I tried to turn it on again and only the coolers and some of the leds turned on. In fact to turn it off I had to unplug it completely. And now when I plug it in coolers and leds (including the GPU led) turn on without me pressing the turn on button. Tried plugging a different GPU with the same result. No post either btw.
I suspect a motherboard issue, since the psu is new.

Specs i7 4790k, 16 gb ram, GPU 1080 Gtx ( or as an alternative 970 GTX), PSU 850 watts semi-modular.

Any ideas or suggestions?

M

Meng Wang

It turns on by itself when you turn on the psu? and it also doesn't post?

D

Dwayne Martin

short circuit in the psu or front panel/on off switch

M

Meng Wang

Maybe try unplugging the power switch cables on the motherboard and try jumping them.

M

Meng Wang

if that doesn't work, might be psu

M

Meng Wang

I guess it's probably more likely to be a mobo issue rather than psu if it auto powers on without you doing anything.

P

Paul Bruce Jr.

Had a similar issue and had to rma my entire computer...they had to replace the mobo and cpu sadly. We must have gotten a nasty surge. My motherboard was showing a 00 code...and would not boot, but everything would turn on.

J

Joshua Griffin

Had a similar issue with a work pc. Motherboard was fried. We went as far as to replace all components and it still did the same thing.

P

Pepe Deen Frowuge

Your motherboard is fucked homie.

M

Mark Hrinishin

Yeah, I agree. Sounds like the motherboard. At least you can get one at a decent price depending on which one.
At least it's not the gpu.
I would lose my shit if my graphics card went since they are so expensive rn... thanks miners...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom