Contact advertising [email protected]

I decided to take out my liquid cooler and put back in my air cooler to see if it...

• Thread starter Harrison Scott Burd
  • Start date
H

Harrison Scott Burd

I decided to take out my liquid cooler and put back in my air cooler to see if it works. I now have a problem where the stock cooler slides right off the CPU. In the picture, you may be able to see the four holes around the CPU. They had black plastic pieces there before I installed the liquid cooler. I don’t have those plastic pieces with me now.

What can I do?

N

Neil Towson

find the old pieces or buy it

N

Neil Towson

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

M

Manuel Fredrick Thodos

Or just put the liquid cooler back on.

J

James French

Zip ties

K

Kevin James Contratto

i got the plastic peices you need

M

Marcus Dean Adams

Zip ties, :p

G

Gerald Hidalgo

i hope you realize that once that aircooler drops to your gpu, the gpu might take some damage and your ram if you're unlucky, so i suggest you to buy a new motherboard (either 2ndhand).

E

Erik DePriest

oh man .. im typically not one to talk shit but that cooler aint going to stay in place by some sort of magic bro .. you need the original backplate and mount for that air cooler

E

Eric Mattson

put the water cooler back on lol

K

Kendy Tercy

RIP Trop lourd bruh

C

Calvin DiBartolo

buy a new mounting plate?

C

Calvin DiBartolo

assuming AM2/AM3 here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

If it's AM4 you might be able to find something similar

C

Callum Hardwick

yeah yo need the black pieces to put it on, i'm surprised you didn't keep them but it should be cheap enough to replace

A

Alex Arriaga

Easy. You buy the bracket.

S

Stephen Steinlein

How did you not realize what would happen next, after you put the air cooler on the CPU? How did you not look and see it was going to slide off without any retention to hold it in place?

Pick up a replacement bracket.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom