Contact advertising [email protected]

I bet this question gets asked a lot. Looking at picking up a new gpu in a few weeks...

C

Cody Robinson

I bet this question gets asked a lot. Looking at picking up a new gpu in a few weeks to upgrade my budget build. Prices are nearly identical. Amd rx480 8gb or 1060 6gb.
Specs for current build:
Amd 8320e
12gb ram
Powercolor r7 370 4gb
Evga 600b
Thermal Take v21
Which gpu should I go with. 1080p

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

RX480 imo.

T

Timmoseus Cassius

This might be an old and outdated way of thinking, but I have always thought AMD GPUs run better with AMD CPUs, and nVidia GPUs run better with Intel CPUs. More of a personal preference thing these days, but it'd be worth looking at benchmarks of both cards matched with your CPU as opposed to same cards matched with an Intel equivalent. Just to see how the cards themselves are performing in different environments.

C

Cody Robinson

Benchmarks show a pretty similar result. Of course the amd card runs hotter but with the v21 airflow is at a premium. But I think I'd have more head room on the 1060 for overclocking

I

Ildi PC Fixer

AMD ofc

D

Dimi Dimi

What is the price?

C

Cody Robinson

280~

S

Steven Gunnoe

I am a bitch for Gameworks is the only reason I would probably pick the 1060. They will run on both but of course it will run better on NVidia card. lol Both are a great 1080p card though. I actually had an XFX GTR 480 8gb and sold it during the Mining Phase and bought a 1080 ti. SO I can vouch that the 480 is a good card though.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom