Contact advertising [email protected]

I am about to buy a new GPU. I've been considering a 1080Ti, but never really intend...

J

Justin White

I am about to buy a new GPU. I've been considering a 1080Ti, but never really intend to play anything beyond 1080P PUBG and similar games to that.

I can get one for $650, but I'm just not sure if I need it. Obviously it's better than any other options especially in that price range, but should I just save $2-300 and buy a 1080 or 1070 even?

S

Shawn Horan

DUH! That card is way over powered for 1080p. It would smart to save your money and get a 1070 or wait a few months and see if the 1070ti hets a release date. Which it very well might

M

Mark Andžejevski

You, not gonna need a 1080ti for 1080p for a few years atleast. And dont you mind me asking where the hell you can buy a 1080ti for 650?

R

Richard Sanders

you dont need it unless you like throwing money away

R

Richard Sanders

a 1060 is fine for pubg on 1080p

J

Justin White

I think I will end up getting a 1070 at least.

M

Mark Pepin

1070 would be best bang for the buck at the resolution!

D

Derek Wagenfuehr

People who purchase lower end cards have to buy cards every few years, spend the extra money get the top of the line and you can sit on it for twice as long. If things start running slow with new releases pick up another a few years later for half the price and you've doubled the fun for less than someone who buys a new 50-60 series every release.

D

Derrick Miller

Buy it. Its future proof for awhile so it makes sense to spend big now if you can and get the best.

D

Dustin Chamberlain

1070 is really all a guy needs, but considering the price similarity between a 1070 and 1080, and how much better a 1080 is, if you have the cash I might recommend a 1080 anyway just for the sake of having it. It would stay relevant for longer in a wider variety of games than a 1070 would for only an extra $100. up to you if you think you're going to sit on pascal for a while.

so, a 1070 is all you need to make sure you're not having problems, but if you want to take that a step further and be solid for a couple years at 1080p then a 1080 is your go-to.

A

Andrew Gwartney

I did. Worth it. But I play on a little 4k tv. The card is amaze balls though. It barely ever breaks a sweat even in 4k 60hz ultra settings.

J

Justin White

I think I may just do it. Research is telling me $150-200 more is all i'm spending for an enormous boost in performance. If I can get this and leave my PC alone for a couple years I will be more than happy.

A

Andrew Gwartney

That is also a sweet deal. Just do it and you won't regret not doing it lol.

S

Steven Gunnoe

If you are playing at 1080p you can get the 1080 ti and not have to worry about upgrading for a long time.

J

Julian Mckeough

Just confirming evga 1070 ftw2 is the way. Im on ultra 1080 getting steady 70 frames

K

Kyle Rhees

If you are going to play in 1080p you can play most things in ultra with just a 1060. Grab a 1070 and you're good for a long time.

J

Jefferson Kodhelaj

Dude, for $650, get the 1080Ti. It'll last you years. Don't listen to theses folk. That's a $200 difference from a 1070. Most 1080Ti's are $750-$800

A

AL Rifat Hussein

1060 or a 570 will do

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom