Contact advertising [email protected]

https://external.xx.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQB5sqICY2XPeUXK&w=720&h=720&url=ht...

C

Chris Dixon

C

Chance Webster

I've owned the Razer blade stealth (i7 6700u / 8gb RAM and a 512gb NVMe drive) paired it with the core and my 1080 from my desktop.

It ISN'T bad, but it's definitely more of a nuisance than to have a laptop with a GPU already in it.
I ended up trading it for my Aorus X3 Plus i7-4710HQ / GTX 970m / 16gb RAM and 512gb of SSDs in RAID 0 + an oculus rift + touch. Sold that laptop lol cause I rarely ever used it.

The core is a very cool concept, and has a solid build quality. But like I said, it's more of a hassle to lug all that shit around tbh/

C

Chris Dixon

Thanks for the reply. I want a laptop mainly for work and to take to client houses but also when I get back to the office have a decent desktop with a proper keyboard and several displays. It kinda seemed a good option of meeting both needs.

B

Bradley Baker

a 1070 in a external gpu slot performs same as a 1050ti, worth it, meh, depends if youre willing to do it.

C

Chris Dixon

Yes but a netbook 1070 would probably perform even worse compared to a full size one. Netbook GPU's are no where near as powerful....

C

Chance Webster

Chris, he's talking about using a full size GPU in an external amplifier. Not a mobile chipset, anyways with the 10xx series there is VERY little difference as it's a desktop chip inside the laptop now.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom