Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi! Trying to play some games with general MIDI music (Regular windows wavetable...

• Thread starter Thomas Asqrbirbl Nylund
  • Start date
T

Thomas Asqrbirbl Nylund

Hi! Trying to play some games with general MIDI music (Regular windows wavetable synth) but I'm not really sure how to configure it to do so. I've got a win 98se computer running a built in ess solo 1 soundcard that has DOS emulation, it does the FM soundblaster music, but I'm more fond of using the standard windows MIDI synth. So, in multimedia MIDI settings in the control panel I find 3 things, FM, MPU-401, and The Ms Gs. All games I've tried so far wants to use the MPU-401, and it produces no sound whatsoever. Not even in windows. So I guess it thinks it's a real mpu-401 and that I would have to send the midi to a sound canvas or something. So my question is, can I somehow send it to the microsoft synth or what?

L

Lee Fu Haw

How about softMPU?

R

Ryerson Fitzpatrick

SoftMPU is not appropriate for this problem. The MPU-401 that you see in the midi settings would be output to your motherboard's joystick port.

MS GS is the Microsoft General MIDI synth, which is the one that you want to use in this instance.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom