Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi all, thanks for the add. I've been out of the PC game for a while, currently...

R

Ray Crawley

Hi all, thanks for the add.

I've been out of the PC game for a while, currently running a Core Duo that was donated to me.

I'm wanting to get a new PC for gaming, but I'm on a very tight budget. Here in Spain, PCs and components are quite expensive so I've searched on eBay for a pre-made setup. I've found 2 that fit in my budget but don't know what one is more suitable for my needs.

A GTX card is a must as I want to use GameStream on my Shield TV for gaming.

I need it to last at least 2 years without needing any upgrades and be able to play current and upconing titles such as NFS: Payback, CoD: WW2, FF7 Remake, FFXV, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, etc...

I will only be gaming at 1080p. Here's the 2 setups I have found that fall in my budget, what one do you guys think is best??

Setup 1:

CPU - Intel Core I5-7400 CPU, 1151, 3.0 GHz, Quad Core, 65W, 14nm, 6MB Cache, HD GFX, 8 GT/s, Kaby Lake

RAM -

ADATA Premier, 16GB, DDR4, 2133MHz (PC4-19200), CL17, DIMM Memory

HARD DRIVE -

Toshiba 3.5", 1TB, SATA3, P300 Hard Drive, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache

SSD:

240GB SSD

GRAPHICS -

GTX1060 StormX, 6GB DDR5, 1708MHz, DVI, HDMI, 3 DP, VR Ready

MOTHERBOARD -

Asus H110M-K, Intel H110, 1151, Micro ATX, DDR4, VGA, DVI

Setup 2:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1500X CPU with Wraith Cooler, AM4, 3.6GHz (3.7 Turbo), Quad Core, 65W, 18MB Cache, 14nm

RAM -

ADATA Premier, 16GB, DDR4, 2133MHz (PC4-19200), CL17, DIMM Memory

HARD DRIVE -

Toshiba 3.5", 1TB, SATA3, P300 Hard Drive, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache

GRAPHICS -

GTX1060, 6GB DDR5, DVI, 2 HDMI, 2 DP, 1708MHz, VR Ready

MOTHERBOARD -

Asrock A320M-DGS, AMD A320, AM4, Micro ATX, 2 DDR4, DVI, M.2, RAID

What system do you think will perform better and will last longer for AAA games without updating??

Thanks in advance

R

Ronald Severt

J

Jacob Tesmond

If the i5 system had an unlocked cpu, I'd say that one. But it doesn't so I'd go with the ryzen system. You can always add your own SSD.

R

Ray Crawley

Other than gaming, obviously I'll be using the PC for other daily things such as web browsing and kids doing their homework.

To what I can tell, using W10 Pro, Ryzen seems to come out on top too compared to the i5 7400. Seems to ve far more versatile. Am I wrong??

Also, DX11 games seem to preffer i5 where as DX12 like Ryzen better. Can DX11 games run nicely with Ryzen if I have DX12 installed??

Sorry, might sound like a total eejit but as I stated, I'm well out of the game since the AMD XP 1200 was better than Intel and the Ati Radeon was superior to the Nvidia...

Also, my idea would be hold out with that base system for now and upgrade small things (such as RAM, cooler, PSU, etc) slowly in progressive months, leaving MOBO, GPU & CPU as last things to upgrade when majorly neeed.

Monitors and keyboard/mouse would eventually need upgrading too, but as I'll be playing thru my Shield TV, there's no rush on that side, just need performance.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom