Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey can you guys help? So I spent ages making a sorta music montage video thing on...

J

Joseph Brittan

Hey can you guys help? So I spent ages making a sorta music montage video thing on YouTube making sure it fell under fair use however received a copy right claim for both the music and video, I used the overwatch cinematics - after a month of waiting for a response of my disputed claim I finally got video claim removed from overwatch about using the video which had the affect of viewing restriction however after getting the copy right claim successfully removed, I still have a viewing restriction on the video. I still have a copyright claim for the music used but that only affects it by it being monetized by copyright owner not a viewing restriction, hope you guys can help some how I've attached a picture to it too, thanks.

R

Ruben Garcia

What's the video

J

Joseph Brittan

You unfortunately, can only view on PC but here's the link:

S

Sammy Sammy

Man pls make u own shit

S

Sammy Sammy

Don't steal :p

S

Sammy Sammy

There are royalty free music , use those

A

Alexander Dwayne Hester

You're kinda sol dude. Theres nothing more to help

J

Joseph Brittan

I didn't steal lmao I didn't montize it, it was purely fan made and typically when you use copy righted music they simply monitze the video for them and that's fine, I got the viewing restriction from blizzard yet it's been resolved and apparently removed yet still has viewing restrictions

R

Ruben Garcia

It seems to just be monetized by owners, i can view it on non pc devices fine.

R

Ruben Garcia

But at least they didn't take it down completely

J

Joseph Brittan

Ayy thanks

L

Lucas Ferreira

See its idiots like you who make fair use have a bad rep
Let me explain this, you do NOT own the music and did not transform it or remix it or parody it, slapping it on a video (that btw is also not yours but whatever) doesnt make it fair use
just because youre not monetizing it doesnt mean its fair use again
you are using someone's work which you did not pay for or get permission from, that is automatically N O T fair use, how do people not understand this jesus

J

Joseph Brittan

I mean it is technically fair use as it does convey a different tone/meaning, Yes no matter what the song is still copy righted which is fine, as well as you know the copy right BLIZZARD issued being resolved and they said it falls under FAIR USE in conjunction to them being the ones whom issued the viewing restriction yet it still remains despite the strike being resolved. Honestly theres no need to be pissy since yes I don't own the rights to the material however like it will get seen, like it'll even get money and even if it does it will go to the copy right owner, which if anything is great, I simply made this cause I liked both the song and the game as well as wanting to share it with a few people.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom